New placements and journey updates

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

robbiejhancock
Impressive
Impressive

New placements and journey updates

Post by robbiejhancock » Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi Everyone!

I don't post on the forum as much as I should these days and I want to make the effort to continue to do so for the new members coming in and also to mark some wonderful milestones through this amazing journey I have been on through Taxi. I stuck to the 5 year plan and it is really starting to payoff. Michael and the Taxi staff asked us to let them know about placements too, so here is what is happening.

Since my last post I have had placements through several Taxi friendly libraries on MTV (Catfish), Animal Planet (The Vet Life), Discovery ID (Bad Blood), HBO (Cinemax East), BTN Network (The Reason I Play), Teletoon (Counterfeit Cat) and I am also starting to get placements in Germany.

My last royalty statement was my highest yet and it continues to grow each quarter!

As a producer/engineer I have now had 4 of my clients get their music into top libraries in LA, make the semi-finals of the Canadian Songwriting Competition and get airplay on major radio in Canada (CBC). This is a huge feat for me especially considering I did NO music production before I joined Taxi. Producing for others is making me a better musician.

I have also been able to start working along side one of my mentors that I met through Taxi on a regular basis. This to me is one of the best measures of success and I am really proud of myself for putting in the hard work to get there. I am really excited about what the future will bring.

If it was not for Taxi, the members and Michael Laskow, there is no way I would have all of these amazing things happening in the music industry.

I went to the rally (5 years in a row now), watched Taxi TV (and all back episodes) and spent a lot of time in the forum. The formula works as long as you do the work. It was not easy, but if you write, submit, forget and repeat you can keep moving forward and build your catalogue.

I am extremely thankful for all of the opportunities I have been blessed with and I hope to see you all at the next rally this November!

Robbie
Robbie Hancock
https://robbiehancock.com
Sync or Swim Music
https://syncorswimmusic.com

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: New placements and journey updates

Post by andygabrys » Sun May 13, 2018 9:41 pm

WTG Robbie!!!!

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Mon May 14, 2018 6:26 am

Congrats Robbie! You have shown just how Taxi can really work.. much better than Uber :lol: And thank you also for helping me out so much :) Wishing you more success!!!

Tom

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon May 14, 2018 8:46 am

Robbie,

Thank you for taking the time to post that, and congratulations on following "the program" and reaping the rewards! There is nothing that warms my heart (and those of our staff and screeners as well) more than hearing stories like yours.

About two weeks ago I was sitting in conference room with some people who had publicly slammed TAXI and the attorneys for both sides. One of the people on the "other side" said something on the order of, "Well, TAXI isn't for people just starting out, it's really more for experienced people."

My response was, "You couldn't be more wrong. What we're great at is taking people who are just starting down the path, and helping them learn and build until they ARE experienced."

You're a shining example of that! You've soaked it all in, you've set goals, you've taken the right steps, you've pushed through rejection, you've stayed focused, you've expanded your musical horizons, and look at you now!!! I'm really proud of you, as well your fellow members who post stories like these as well. I'm excited to see what the next few years will look like for you.

For many years now, my mission has been to help musicians build retirement funds with the music they make. I was laughed at when I started TAXI. I was laughed at when we became really good at helping our members land film and TV placements, and they laughed especially loud about ten years ago when I published an article about how making music could potentially be a better way to build a retirement fund than some other more typical investments. I'm certainly not a financial advisor, but it doesn't take much more than common sense to see the cumulative way that music can build a nice, ongoing income stream over a period of years. I love that you and so many others are proving that to be true and attainable.

Congratulations Robbie, and thanks to you and your fellow members who let us know how the TAXI "ecosystem" has affected your lives.
Gratefully,
Michael

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon May 14, 2018 9:06 am

Congrats on your success Robbie!! Well deserved!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Mon May 14, 2018 11:18 am

Well done Robbie! Its stories like this that keep me going, in the hope that one day I'll be fortunate enough to be able to post something similar and pass on the inspiration. Thanks for your part in the chain. :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.