New member w/ library contact (TAXI WORKS!)

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

markismusic
Impressive
Impressive

New member w/ library contact (TAXI WORKS!)

Post by markismusic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello Taxi friends,
First of all, I really want to acknowledge the awesome service Taxi provides.
I heard about Taxi for the first time about 10 years ago as a student in a music business class.
Somehow I recently "rediscovered" the company and have been working at it ever since.
I've been a official member now for just under 2 months and recently had contact with 2 music libraries.
(Went a bit nutty at the start - submitted 31 cues in that time w/ 7 forwards)
My point? Taxi really works!

I'm aware this might seem unrealistic to a lot of members. So I want to give the situation some context. I knew about Taxi for a while but held off joining for 3-4 months while I worked on my writing (the plan was to have about 30 instrumentals/cues ready to go out of the gate). I used to work (only part-time) as a recording engineer which helped me polish my production skills. Before officially signing up I was a long time listings lurker, I did a ton of research on the business side (majority via Taxi TV, Thanks Michael!) and was constantly self-examining to get better (myself and my music).

I do consider this success story to be progress in the right direction. However, there is still so much to do until I can call this my career. This post is by no means to be a "brag" but really an attempt to reach out to some more experienced members for words of wisdom (as these are my first publishing contracts). I already received one of the contracts and I just have a few questions before signing anything if someone is willing to chat/have a look for me. Also, I am aware nobody on this forum can give actual legal advice.

Any experienced contract readers willing to shine some light on my situation before I start googling "entertainment lawyer"?
Do I absolutely need a lawyer? Does Taxi offer any advice if I call the office directly?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! :D
Thank you in advance.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: New member w/ library contact (TAXI WORKS!)

Post by andygabrys » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:47 pm

GuyHayden
Active
Active

Post by GuyHayden » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Gratz Mark! Thats awesome!

Guy

markismusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by markismusic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:52 am

Thanks guy! Really appreciate it.
I've had a couple Taxi members (and non-members) reach out to me to offer advice.
Cannot understate how much it helped and how grateful I am to these people.
Amazing support in this community. :D