Fox's Ghosted Season Finale

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Fox's Ghosted Season Finale

Post by bmete » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi,
Soo excited! I learned that a tune that Janet Chitty & I wrote way back in 2013 (immediately signed to a number of libraries) was placed in the Fox Season Finale of Ghosted which aired June 24th. On top on a prime time major network placement we also got the outro..... the last 1 minute of the show and the vocals were loud and clear. In fact, I think the lyrical theme of first date, first kiss, last kiss is also what helped land the placement as it tied so perfectly into the scene ....almost as if Janet and I wrote it for the show.

So does Taxi work.... absolutely, will you have over night success, probably not.... you got to jump in with both feet and plan to run ( as Chuck Schlater always says) a marathon. Consider that Janet and I worked on this tune in 2012, got it signed in 2013 and it just got placed in 2018. Just keep writing and submitting, if you read a lot of archived posts on the forum you will see got a placement or a deal 4-5 years after the forward..... you just never know when you song will find a home....

Don't ever stop writing..... I saw a great mime ( I think that's the word) "If opportunity is not knocking on your door..... then build a door..."

https://www.facebook.com/bob.mete/posts ... on_generic

Bob

chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Fox's Ghosted Season Finale

Post by chrismugs » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:28 am

wow! awesome to here that a song from 2012 found a placement in 2018. thanks for the inspiration and congrats on the placement Bob!

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Fox's Ghosted Season Finale

Post by LamarPecorino » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Congratulations Bob! Thank for sharing your story. Success stories help to minimize negative self talk.
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK