My Very First Placement!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

janetsnare
Active
Active

My Very First Placement!

Post by janetsnare » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Back in 2015, TAXI forwarded an instrumental of mine called "The Haunt" to a ghost-hunting TV show. The music editor of the show subsequently contacted me, asking for my PRO info because he was including the cue in the show. The show (called the RIP Files, Series 2, "Prisoners in Time" episode) was not picked up in the U.S. but went on to air in SysFy Asia and Really TV in the U.K.

I never received foreign royalties, and because I couldn't access the overseas broadcasts, couldn't verify that the cue was actually used in the show. However, today I saw the show on Amazon Prime Video and verified the cue had been used. (Just have to sort the lack of royalties out with my PRO now.)

But I wanted to report this first-time success, even though it took forever to verify and looks like even longer before I get paid:) :D !

Janet

minoruchan
Impressive
Impressive

Re: My Very First Placement!

Post by minoruchan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi Janet.

me too. i`ve never gotten any royality from my PRO even though the show has been airing over and over again since march 2016.
But I cannot help about it.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:05 am

It often takes as much as 18 months to 2 years for foreign royalties to show up. There are many factors including if/when the party who used the track filed a cue sheet. If it's more than 2 years since broadcast (or maybe if over 18 months), I would contact your PRO and ask if they can assist you. Having real video evidence as you do from Amazon Prime helps.

Congrats! :D

Good luck!
:D Casey

SteveBaruah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveBaruah » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 am

That's great Janet, congrats on the placement!!

billhewett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by billhewett » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:17 am

Congrats on the placement, Janet!

Per Casey's comment above it sounds like you might just be playing the waiting game, but I'm sure it will be super exciting when everything finally trickles back to your PRO :)

-Bill

janetsnare
Active
Active

Post by janetsnare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:32 pm

minoruchan wrote:Hi Janet.

me too. i`ve never gotten any royality from my PRO even though the show has been airing over and over again since march 2016.
But I cannot help about it.
Yes, Minoru, it is frustrating but hopefully my PRO can help me sort it out. Good luck with getting your royalties also.

janetsnare
Active
Active

Post by janetsnare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Casey H wrote:It often takes as much as 18 months to 2 years for foreign royalties to show up. There are many factors including if/when the party who used the track filed a cue sheet. If it's more than 2 years since broadcast (or maybe if over 18 months), I would contact your PRO and ask if they can assist you. Having real video evidence as you do from Amazon Prime helps.

Congrats! :D

Good luck!
:D Casey

Thank you, Casey! Yes, it's been about 2 years since the show first aired overseas. Hopefully my PRO can help me with this, and that forthcoming royalties for subsequent music placements will be easier to collect ;)

Janet

janetsnare
Active
Active

Post by janetsnare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:39 pm

billhewett wrote:Congrats on the placement, Janet!

Per Casey's comment above it sounds like you might just be playing the waiting game, but I'm sure it will be super exciting when everything finally trickles back to your PRO :)

-Bill
Thank you! And yes, Bill, it will be exciting when the royalties finally trickle to my PRO :D

Janet

janetsnare
Active
Active

Post by janetsnare » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:40 pm

SteveBaruah wrote:That's great Janet, congrats on the placement!!
Thanks, Steve!

Janet

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 pm

janetsnare wrote:I never received foreign royalties, and because I couldn't access the overseas broadcasts, couldn't verify that the cue was actually used in the show. However, today I saw the show on Amazon Prime Video and verified the cue had been used. (Just have to sort the lack of royalties out with my PRO now.)
First of all, CONGRATS on your 1st placement!!! There's no better feeling :D

Second ... Me Too! I had a placement in this series (Thanks to Taxi) and no royalties. It's good to know that possibly it will still happen (I had given up) and also I'm glad to hear the show is on Amazon Prime, I'll have to see if I can find my placement. :)

PS. I've tried following up with my PRO for other missing royalties but never had much luck, even with video proof :roll: ... so it would be great to hear success stories along those lines

THANK YOU

Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper