Help on Future Bass Tracks Please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

piwacquet
Impressive
Impressive

Help on Future Bass Tracks Please

Post by piwacquet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

How can I make these tracks more cutting edge and make the sounds more today???? Any help will be appreciated. And anyone with specific details would really be welcomed. They are returns and the screener said the production needs to be more cutting edge and the sounds more modern.

https://soundcloud.com/g-michael-thomas ... uture-bass

Everyone is always so helpful. Thanks Taxi folks.

Mike

SawtoothPorter
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Help on Future Bass Tracks Please

Post by SawtoothPorter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

Can you post the refs?

piwacquet
Impressive
Impressive

Post by piwacquet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 am

This is the listing from a while back. There is a new one I would like to submit to but need to improve them first.

FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a great Music Library with a long, long list of TV, Film, and Commercial placements. They’re on the hunt for Mid-To-Up-Tempo Cues that are in the general stylistic range of the references below: “Never Be Like You” by Flume ft. Kai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly7uj0JwgKg “In The Name Of Love” by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeGfss2vsZg “Alone” by Marshmello: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwsMEabmSo Even though the references have vocals, they’re looking for Instrumental Cues only for this pitch! Please send them well-crafted Future-Bass Instrumental Cues that use very modern, up-to-date sounds and super-current production techniques. Build your submissions around a catchy central melodic theme, and keep it interesting by layering electronic elements in and out as your Instrumental Cue progresses to keep it dynamic and forward moving. Be sure to throw in some cool breaks, drops, and pieces of ear candy to help make your Cue exciting and cutting edge, but make sure your Cue doesn’t become so frenetic or busy that it could distract from dialog. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Solid edit points and buttoned/stinger endings are strongly encouraged.

Thanks
Mike

SawtoothPorter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SawtoothPorter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am

I think your elements are mostly OK. I'd check out your snare and kicks against the refs and maybe your subs. I think Truth or Dare is the closer of the two. Although I don't think the middy brass sound in that track is helping you much.

I can hear two things right away:

1. Your tracks seem a little narrow
2. Drums and percussion sitting way back in the mix (especially the kick)

The other thing that may be off-putting to the screener is a lot happening in the middle frequencies which might be the cause of the narrow sound I am hearing...because if I focus pretty hard I can tell there is some panning going on.

Your tracks might also be suffering from too little compression causing the mix to not be exciting/up-front enough.

I would like to see what others say about this track.

piwacquet
Impressive
Impressive

Post by piwacquet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Sawtooth. I am working on this so all input is considered and appreciated.

Mike

JamesCarvalho
Impressive
Impressive

Post by JamesCarvalho » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 pm

i would say you need to fatten up the kick and snare..
you really need to have a prominent pumping effect in this genre.
its a great start get the dynamics working more.

easier said than done good luck
Freelance Composer, Singer/Songwriter, Artist

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 am

Drums sound way too far in the background and distant ..need much more punchy sounds from the get go..could be your samples or it could be what you have done to them processing wise ( i.e. on the 2 buss )

I think the whole thing is a too wet reverb / delay wise. Mix seems to be all fizzy and higher end with no meat in the low mids

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:49 am

Check out the NI Machine expansions for future bass here
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ture-bass/

The demo tracks may help you reference some sounds and mixes for the listing.
Ceo of my own life

piwacquet
Impressive
Impressive

Post by piwacquet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:59 am

Thanks James, Cosmic and Kolstad. Sounds like my drum production needs some serious help. Im going to do a lot of listening to Future Bass drums today and see what I can educate myself on. I feel privileged to have people like you guys available to guide me. Taxi is a wonderful "university".

I appreciate you all
Mike