Forward for ORIGINAL, TRADITIONAL-SOUNDING CHRISTMAS SONGS

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ChazAldi
Impressive
Impressive

Forward for ORIGINAL, TRADITIONAL-SOUNDING CHRISTMAS SONGS

Post by ChazAldi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 am

This one made me happy! The song we submitted for this was returned for the recent $55k listing. Just not the right style. I got a lot of great feedback and input on this forum, made a few tweaks based on that input, and submitted for this listing. It was a much better fit for this listing in that they weren't looking for contemporary but more traditional Christmas songs. Use the forums folks! There are good people here who genuinely want to help!

Here is the listing:
ORIGINAL, TRADITIONAL-SOUNDING CHRISTMAS SONGS with Male, Female, or Duet Vocals are needed for an (up to) $20,000, Direct-to-Ad-Agency placement in a National TV Commercial for a Major Retail Chain. They’re looking for Up-Tempo Songs that could be on a Christmas playlist with these references and other songs like them: “Here Comes Santa Claus” by Gene Autry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK60Cwwp_EI “Jingle Bells” by Michael Bublé ft. The Puppini Sisters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-DvH41Tjo Please submit emotionally upbeat (not sad or melancholy) ORIGINAL songs in the general stylistic ballpark of the references. Send songs with appropriate instrumentation (small to mid-sized ensemble), and a warm, happy, and possibly fun holiday vocal delivery. They’re not asking for songs that sound just like the references! Ask yourself, “Does my song sound like it would be on the same playlist,” and if your answer is, “yes,” you could be heading in the right direction. They also requested that you NOT send songs with “super contemporary production.” You should skip sending any EDM or current Top 40 Pop style songs in favor of more traditional material – somewhat contemporary is as far as you should go, but not something you’d hear at Coachella! LYRIC Tip: They want clever and quirky lyrics, but nothing that’s so outside the box that it steals the limelight from what they’re trying to sell. Remember, they used that Gene Autry song as a reference, so they might think that’s “quirky.” Clever yes, quirky, no ;-) Songs that have references to shopping would also be a plus, but please don’t send songs that were obviously created to make sure the word “shopping” is in there. A mention of shopping, yes! A chorus that says, “I love shopping at Christmas time” four times would be over the top ;-) Please do NOT copy the referenced songs or artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, spirit, and overall tone. Broadcast Quality is needed. The estimated license fee for this placement is (up-to) $20,000,

Here is our submission:
https://soundcloud.com/user-847403062/t ... ever-mix-9

Thanks for all the help everyone! As always I would love to know what you think.

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Forward for ORIGINAL, TRADITIONAL-SOUNDING CHRISTMAS SONGS

Post by ttully » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 am

Congratulations ChazAldi...I told you it was good!!!
Maybe not quite what they wanted...... maybe next time!!!....there will be more Christmas listings!
Like I said...these are very high bar listings..and this song is close!

ChazAldi
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ChazAldi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 am

ttully wrote:Congratulations ChazAldi...I told you it was good!!!
Maybe not quite what they wanted...... maybe next time!!!....there will be more Christmas listings!
Like I said...these are very high bar listings..and this song is close!
You sure did tell me it was good! Thanks!

TAniano

Post by TAniano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:18 am

That's awesome!...We have a similar story...Submitted our song "Get Down With Christmas" for the 55K.....Returned....Resubmit same song as is to this listing.....Forwarded....The returned listing kinda inspired us to create a more produced version of the same song as a precaution......Good thing too..cause the Screen critique suggested to have one on hand just in case... Good Luck!
-BVP

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am

very nice Chaz Put me in that Christmas spirit Congrats and good luck.

Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

ScreamieBirds
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ScreamieBirds » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 pm

That is so cool! Great story about a song being wrong for one but right for another (with some Forum input) Congrats!

Kathy
Screamie Birds Studios
http://www.screamiebirds.com

ajhall98
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ajhall98 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Enjoyed it Chaz - great job!

AJ