Placement on KUWTK

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Placement on KUWTK

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 am

Had to happen sooner or later,

Checked my Tunesat this week to see that we had a 20 second placement on Series 15 EP 2 of Keeping Up with The Kardashians with a Future Bass cue I wrote signed by a Library that got in touch after a Taxi foward earlier this year.

Only the 3rd placement that we know of to date since starting in Jan 2016...Over 200 cues later , many of them in various Libraries it feels like a long road to get to this point but thankfully it feels like things are happening now and we are learning all the time.

Special shount out to my forum buddies AndyG & GrahamUK for there unending support in all this.

Mark

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Re: Placement on KUWTK

Post by andygabrys » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:12 am

Big congratulations to you Mark!!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:37 pm

andygabrys wrote:Big congratulations to you Mark!!
Thanks Andy..and for answering a million and one questions :D

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:20 pm

HUGE congrats!! Enjoy those reruns and royalties!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious - that's a show I've been trying to get my music on for the mass reruns and international plays as well. Do you have the cue online anywhere that was used? Would love to hear it!

SteveBaruah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveBaruah » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:37 am

Congrats Mark! Killer placement!
As Mark says, it's the show I'm always aiming for, but haven't got there yet.
Enjoy all those reruns popping up!

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:41 am

Well deserved Mark, congrats.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:01 am

markhimley wrote:HUGE congrats!! Enjoy those reruns and royalties!! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious - that's a show I've been trying to get my music on for the mass reruns and international plays as well. Do you have the cue online anywhere that was used? Would love to hear it!
Thanks Mark

We're both in the same Library so maybe you heard it already via the SourceAudio site or it's currently on the KUWTK brief as one of the references, I always check out everyone else's and yours are cool - wouldn't be surprised if you bag some placements before the season is done too.

Here is the SoundCloud link

https://soundcloud.com/cosmicdolphin/fu ... ans-s15-e2

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:17 am

cosmicdolphin wrote: We're both in the same Library so maybe you heard it already via the SourceAudio site or it's currently on the KUWTK brief as one of the references, I always check out everyone else's and yours are cool - wouldn't be surprised if you bag some placements before the season is done too.

Here is the SoundCloud link

https://soundcloud.com/cosmicdolphin/fu ... ans-s15-e2

Oh right on!! I didn't know that was you, very cool!! We're in a couple of the same libraries then, and I really enjoy your stuff! I was actually just listening to some of your tracks on another site as you wrote for a brief that used a couple of my tracks as references - that sort of atmospheric, emotional ambient brief. Cool to make the connection, I look forward to hearing more of your stuff and again big congrats!!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 am

markhimley wrote: Oh right on!! I didn't know that was you, very cool!! We're in a couple of the same libraries then, and I really enjoy your stuff! I was actually just listening to some of your tracks on another site as you wrote for a brief that used a couple of my tracks as references - that sort of atmospheric, emotional ambient brief. Cool to make the connection, I look forward to hearing more of your stuff and again big congrats!!
Oh right that was you ! ? ..over at LH ? I wish I had known..took ages to figure those out..decpetively simple..coulda just got you to email me the recipe :lol:

Nice to meet you..where are you based ?...Edit I just saw on your profile. I'm in the UK across the pond

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:28 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:Oh right that was you ! ? ..over at LH ? I wish I had known..took ages to figure those out..decpetively simple..coulda just got you to email me the recipe :lol:

Nice to meet you..where are you based ?...Edit I just saw on your profile. I'm in the UK across the pond
Yup, that was me. That site is a little bit harder to see who the composer/artist is, but there’s a couple ways to figure it out with the writer tag at the end of the file name. I always like to see who is doing what and try to keep up with everything.

I know the feeling though! I felt that way when I wrote those initially - they were for a brief a couple months ago that only had a single track from the supervisor as a reference and it was definitely a unique but simple track. Really liked it, just different. According to my iTunes play counter I listened to it almost 300 times :lol: :lol: I would just put it on repeat in my work truck all day while I was working on that brief in the hopes that by the time I got home it would be ruminating somewhere in my subconscious or something.

I’m based in South Dakota though, it’s in the Midwest here in the states.