First contact from a library! Lots of questions

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

uvwave

First contact from a library! Lots of questions

Post by uvwave » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:21 am

Hello. After a while without submitting I received my first e-mail from a music library. Though I want to ask the more experienced members about how I should proceed. The e-mail was a message informing that I am now part of the e-mail list of this library because they got a song of mine from TAXI that they liked. Then I received from them a couple listings on the style of TAXI, asking for songs with also a link to a contract and other info.

It was not a offer regarding one of the songs that I submitted on TAXI, actually I don’t know from what listing/forward this library came from. It could be anything regarding all the forwards I had (not many, tbh) and this is where I’m confused. This library send for all their mail list the same opportunities? The logic for me is that they liked what they heard from me but that probably there are a lot of other composers on this list, so everyone sends stuff and then they choose the best?

If I send something they are asking with the contract signed this means I have a deal with them? Or probably everyone on the list do the same process and they reply with the okay only for the best they like?

When I saw the e-mail I was quite surprised since It’s been a few months that I didn’t submitted anything to TAXI because I was a little unmotivated. This re-ignited the motivation for me, regarding cues and music for film/TV. I am aware that sometimes this stuff takes a while! I hope that this great community can share some insight on these questions for me.

All the best! Cheers.

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First contact from a library! Lots of questions

Post by jdstamper » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Congrats on your first contact!

There's another thread about a similar library, quite possibly the same one topic141296.html

I haven't received such an email, but thanks to Taxi I'm able to submit to several libraries. I still submit to Taxi listings of course :)

So typically here's how it works ...

If they are giving you the opportunity to submit directly to them, that's great, and should increase your chances of getting placements.

Typically they will not offer you a contract until they accept one (or more) of your tracks into the library. Once you have a contract on the first track, then for any future tracks that they accept, they will send a simple "schedule" document that you sign to add the new tracks to your agreement with them.

Some libraries respond very fast to these submissions, and some take weeks or months

Hope that helps, Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

uvwave

Re: First contact from a library! Lots of questions

Post by uvwave » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:15 pm

jdstamper wrote:Congrats on your first contact!

There's another thread about a similar library, quite possibly the same one topic141296.html

I haven't received such an email, but thanks to Taxi I'm able to submit to several libraries. I still submit to Taxi listings of course :)

So typically here's how it works ...

If they are giving you the opportunity to submit directly to them, that's great, and should increase your chances of getting placements.

Typically they will not offer you a contract until they accept one (or more) of your tracks into the library. Once you have a contract on the first track, then for any future tracks that they accept, they will send a simple "schedule" document that you sign to add the new tracks to your agreement with them.

Some libraries respond very fast to these submissions, and some take weeks or months

Hope that helps, Jim
Hello! Many thanks for your time clarifying all this questions for me. It was very helpful and I will check the topic you sent! All the best my friend.