Feature Film’s Closing Title Sequence- Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Feature Film’s Closing Title Sequence- Forward!

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Stoked about a forward for the listing below! My song certainly is different from the "Eminem" example but the theme is probably what worked in this case. Thank you to screener #347 for the kind words, the mix suggestion and of course the forward!
Btw I saw on the forwards blog that 9 other songs were forwarded for this listing so hopefully a TAXI member scores the placement!
Here's a link to my song "Endgame" if you'd like to check it out.

http://johnptunes.com/track/1550408/endgame
Y180904AW
ANTHEMIC SONGS about “Winning” and/or “Making It Happen” with Male Vocals are needed by TUESDAY for an (up-to) $10,000, Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Supervisor placement in a Feature Film’s Closing Title Sequence. They’re looking for Mid-¬to-¬Up-Tempo Songs that would fall within the general stylistic ballpark of the following reference that we got from our client: WARNING: The following reference has graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s Quoting our Source: “Ideally, they’re looking to hear songs in either the Rap, R&B, or Pop genre. Whichever genre you choose, the Chorus needs to be incredibly strong!” Please send well-crafted songs that have an anthemic feel, vibe, and style. Your song should have polished, genre-appropriate instrumentation, with a vocal performance that’s solid and confident in its delivery. Give them something that’s epic, and could forever be associated with this Feature Film! TAXI TIP: Your submission can be sung and/or rapped, just be sure it’s clean. Lyrics that don’t mention specific names, dates, times, places, brands, or profanity could be helpful in landing this, but we don’t think it’s an absolute necessity. Please do NOT copy the referenced artist or song in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and feel. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed. The estimated license fee for this use is (up to) $10,000, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll get 100% of the sync fee, you’ll keep 100% of your Publishing and Master ownership, and you’ll also get 100% of any applicable performance royalties. No Publisher splits! Y
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Feature Film’s Closing Title Sequence- Forward!

Post by funsongs » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:59 pm

What a cool track, John - congrats & good luck.
FWIW - I could hear some Matt Vander Boegh trumpets working in track like that... :? :D ...if you're into that kind of horns thing. :)
Cheers.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Thanks Peter. There's actually some brass in there towards the end, mostly as support under everything else in the track. Thanks for listening! Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:20 am

Congrats John! It sounds like it is right on the money! Great track and I love the title. I can hear that at the closing credits for some pumped up movie. Your songs " got game " :)

Tom

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 am

Thanks Tom! I appreciate that. Btw I listened to the latest song you posted. Well done! I was thinking AC right off the bat but I couldn't think of a sound alike. You're writing some incredible stuff! best. John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:25 am

Thanks for that compliment John! I've come down to a formula for writing songs that I want to record. I usually write about 5 songs and I spend a lot of time on all of them, but for some reason, there will be one that I just can't ignore, so that's the one I record. It seems to be working for me :) Good luck with your forward! I hope to hear it at the end credits ;)

Tom

mikehamm123
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikehamm123 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Fantastic.
Mike

===========

https://mikehammmusic.com

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:35 pm

John

Your tune doesn't sound like anything else.
That in my mind makes it a unique offering and that's what counts

Great job and good luck on the tune.

Don

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Thanks Mike and Don! I appreciate the nice words.
Don I usually don’t write to listings but I had just “finished” Endgame and saw the listing and tweaked the song a bit to better fit.
Thanks again. Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GuitarKit » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

That's a really good closing track. I can see the credits rolling as your track plays underneath it. Good job. Hope it gets the Supes attention.