Hi all - newbie here!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BillJV

Hi all - newbie here!

Post by BillJV » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 am

Hey everyone!

I just thought I'd make my first post and say hello. I am a producer/writer in Tampa Bay area Florida, and have been doing music and/or media stuff for over 30 years now. I have kind of been on both the entertainment and corporate sides of music and media, and now I'm currently working in corporate media and TAXI is my fun/ambition/creative expression outlet for at least until my membership expires! :lol: Seriously tho, I have known about TAXI for many years, but this is really the first time I've started to really push to get my music in the competitive markets, which makes TAXI a good option for me to sharpen my saw and maybe eventually get a lead or two. TAXI has become much more competitive over the past few years of home studios. The bar has been raised. I'm hoping I can rise to the challenge and really absorb as much as possible here. I will say that it's fairly intimidating now. The standards for what the screeners will forward are, in a word, terrifying to me, but I'm gonna keep at it. "Broadcast Ready" takes a lot more time than the songwriter demos of the past. I am gonna have to get more wise about what I pitch.

I am coming to the Road Rally next month, and I'm very excited about that. I'm excited to see/hear what others are doing, and how they are doing it. Here's to a great year, and to letting TAXI take me to the next level!

SawtoothPorter
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Hi all - newbie here!

Post by SawtoothPorter » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am

Howdy and welcome!

I am a Florida native and can't help but think of riding the Kumba at Busch Gardens on repeat whenever someone mentions Tampa Bay :)

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Welcome Bill--

It sounds like you joined Taxi at a similar crossroads that I did. I learned more from the forum posts, Road Rally's, and the books that are recommended here regarding broadcast quality productions, and "placeable" quality tracks than all my previous years of DIY combined!

All the best
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 am