How would you interpret this listing? #Y181024TI

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

carfo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

How would you interpret this listing? #Y181024TI

Post by carfo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:50 am

The listing starts off with: TECHNO INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a hot European Music Library that’s expanding their reach and catalog size. They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references they gave us:

Mention references such as:
"Melodic Techno Phrases" by Engineering Samples RED
"Techno Offense" by Engineering Samples RED
Crafted Techno Samplepack

Then it say:
"Give them Techno Instrumentals that use cutting-edge production techniques." and "Think of the type of music that would be heard in an underground dance club or an EDM/Dance music festival!"

When I listen to the references and compare that to what I hear on the newer techno tracks I find that the references sounds kind of out-dated and not in the same lane as what I hear on underground dance clubs or EDM/Dance music festivals. What are the music library looking for? I find myself confused. :) I'm almost bold so I got no more hair to scratch, how would you interpret this listing?

The full listing:
TECHNO INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a hot European Music Library that’s expanding their reach and catalog size. They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references they gave us:

"Melodic Techno Phrases" by Engineering Samples RED

"Techno Offense" by Engineering Samples RED

Crafted Techno Samplepack

Give them Techno Instrumentals that use cutting-edge production techniques. Make sure your Instrumental is current-sounding with plenty of unique and contemporary electronic elements and instruments. Your submission should have infectious beats, strong melodies, and tons of hooks and ear candy sprinkled in. Think of the type of music that would be heard in an underground dance club or an EDM/Dance music festival!

Your submissions should be 2-4 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT), on Wednesday, October 24th, 2018. TAXI #Y181024TI

EvanLainhart
Active
Active

Re: How would you interpret this listing? #Y181024TI

Post by EvanLainhart » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am

I would like to add my voice to this thread. It's a frustrating listing.

"Your submission should have infectious beats, strong melodies, and tons of hooks and ear candy sprinkled in."

Techno, BY DEFINITION does NOT have strong melodies. The examples are pretty good techno examples, and while I heard some interesting motifs, I didn't hear any "strong melodies" there.

EDM has strong melodies. Does the client want EDM? Is the screener going to be listening for EDM?

Techno and EDM are different things.

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I would stay away from this listing. When I read listings that gives vague phrases or bad reference tracks, I do not submit to those.

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by waveheavy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:42 am

Throw 'em one of each.

carfo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by carfo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Thanks. I ended up with staying away from this listing and will do so in the future too. :)