3 alt-folk forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RustyP
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

3 alt-folk forwards

Post by RustyP » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Well, what a nice welcome to Taxi. :) I was so excited to learn that these three tracks had been forwarded.

https://soundcloud.com/rusty-perez/sets ... ental-cues

Now, this just may be first-timers luck because I just joined Taxi recently. I'd appreciate some guidance from here.

Is it ok for me to have these tracks on SoundCloud at this point?
What should I, or could I expect from here?
Below is the listing these tracks were for. :)

Y181013AF
ALT-FOLK INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a hot European Music Library that’s expanding their reach and catalog! They’re looking for top-notch Instrumental Cues in All-Tempos that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references:

“Summer Light” by The Cave Singers

“Boy with a Coin” by Iron and Wine

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only!
Please give them excellent Alt-Folk Instrumental Cues that have a slight Pop undertone in them. Your production can be relatively simple, or it can have a fuller band sound, as long as it’s somewhat consistent with the references above. Group harmonies, foot stomps, and handclaps could also potentially fit nicely with this request.

Be sure your Cues have genuine-sounding instrumentation and simple, engaging melodies that can stand on their own without becoming monotonous. Adding and subtracting additional instrumentation as your Cues progress will add forward momentum and a dynamic “arc.”

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Broadcast Quality is needed.

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 3 alt-folk forwards

Post by JohnnyP » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Nice stuff Rusty! And congrats on the forwards. That's a pretty awesome start. Btw I really like the way the claps come in on "Around The World". Unexpected to my ears and well done.

As far as Soundcloud I personally never take anything down that's forwarded or signed. None of my libraries have asked me to do that. Other folks may have different thoughts..

And what to expect with a forward? I would just keep writing music similar to what was forwarded. I like to think of forwards as vindication that I'm on the right track lyrically and musically, and that my production skills are on par with what is "signable"/placeable.

Be proud (as you should be!) of the forwards but realize they are one step. Depending on what else was forwarded for the listing, check the "forwards blog" and what other sources this library is drawing from you have some competition to deal with.
The library may reach out to you 2 weeks or a year from now and offer a contract, but if the songs don't fit exactly what they have in mind they may not.. You never know.
I think the screeners do a pretty good job of mind-reading libraries/supes/etc, but of course the ultimate decision is up to the editors/music supervisors and library owners. .

I write Alt/Indie Folk also ( vocal songs). Hit me up if you're at the Rally and maybe we can chat.
Best, John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GuitarKit » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Great job Rusty. I'm glad you got them through. The percussion added a lot more dimension to Sacred Rain. Hope you get some placements with them.

RustyP
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by RustyP » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Hey guys, thanks so much for your encouragement! :)

@JohnnyP I'll be at the Rally and would really like to meet up and chat a little.

I write lyrics also and just want to get better at it all and hopefully make some connections, learn a bunch, and maybe maybe maybe get some placements! :)
So, anything I can soak up will be very much appreciated.

I'll be the guy with a little black Labrador guide dog. :)

Blessings!
Rusty

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:35 pm

Nice cues Rusty, congrats.

RustyP
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by RustyP » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:04 am

Hi @lesmac #lesmac
Thanks.
I enjoyed listening to some of your tracks.
It may sound strange, but I really dug your tambourine in the swampish tunes. What sort of tambo is that? :)

Will you be at the Rally?

Blessings!
Rusty

lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by lesmac » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:35 pm

I enjoyed listening to some of your tracks.
It may sound strange, but I really dug your tambourine in the swampish tunes. What sort of tambo is that? :)
Hey Rusty. Its a plastic red one with a lot of "Zills" [as I just found out they are referred to]. Thanks for the listen.

Not going to the rally but would love to one day [or year].

I'm stoked for you that you got the forwards. Hope you get some placements to really put the icing on the cake.

ajhall98
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ajhall98 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Nicely done Rusty - especially liked Around the World. Keep up the great work!

AJ