Song Titles Showing Up In My PRO Works Catalog. Does That Mean Placements Or Just Routine?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Song Titles Showing Up In My PRO Works Catalog. Does That Mean Placements Or Just Routine?

Post by DannyWeber » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

I have recently discovered several of my tracks signed to a US Library, showing up in my works catalog with BMI. Does this mean cue sheets have been filled out for placements or just routine practice? If I had to guess.. Libraries register tracks to writers PROs routinely with or without placements.

This newb would appreciate a little enlightenment.

Thanks,
Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Song Titles Showing Up In My PRO Works Catalog. Does That Mean Placements Or Just Routine?

Post by Casey H » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:30 am

Some libraries register routinely and some only if there are placements or very possible ones based on a targeted pitch.

So you can't really tell what it means.

Good luck!
:D Casey

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Song Titles Showing Up In My PRO Works Catalog. Does That Mean Placements Or Just Routine?

Post by DannyWeber » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:30 am

Thank You, Casey..

Now that I know some do it routinely, I would guess that's the case since all 10 of the tracks I signed, showed up at about the same time.

Good to know. Thanks again,

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers