Video Game Song

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Video Game Song

Post by songmaster » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:01 am

Just found out that a video game company has purchased the rights to use our song " Down In The Darkness " for their next project. The song is produced and co-written by Jan Barrs. It seems they had heard the song through a documentary produced in Turkey. Just shows, one thing can lead to another. I'm not a gamer, but I think I will buy that one when it comes out. The song is on my Taxi page, if anyone is interested. Thank you Taxi for giving me the opportunity to meet great musicians like Jan and so many more :)

Tom

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Video Game Song

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm

congrats! do you know that your music was in the Turkish documentary? kinda cool what it lead to :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:24 am

Thanks Jay and Steve! Yes Jay, I was aware that the song had been in the documentary. As a matter of fact, it was added to the film only about 3 weeks ago. Boy things happen fast sometimes. Wish it was like that all the time :)

Tom

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 am

songmaster wrote:Boy things happen fast sometimes. Wish it was like that all the time :)

I think I will make that my mantra from now on. Great quote!

Exceptional tune, Tom! Well written (especially the feel), well produced and well performed! BIG Congrats!!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 am

Thanks Dan! I never thought when I wrote the song (as dark as it is ) that it would end up on a video game :? But who knows
where the music goes when you set it free :) Jan did a really awesome job of producing and Aika sang it hauntingly beautiful. Maybe I should dip into the dark side more often :twisted:

Tom

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 pm

songmaster wrote:Maybe I should dip into the dark side more often
Come over to the dark side, Tom… come over to the dark side (LOL). I have heard your music over the years and it is far from dark and quite inspiring and uplifting! Branching out to new ideas can be a good thing though.

It is so great your music is in a video game! Most of us would love that opportunity! Keep up the great work, Tom and continued success!

Kind regards,

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:00 am

Thanks Dan , I appreciate your comments, and yes, it does help to branch out and try new genres etc. It is a good way to grow and it shows you another side of life, even if it is a little dark. It's always good to uses all the colors on your palate. :)

Cheers

Tom