RALLY 2018

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

RALLY 2018

Post by keithl » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:52 am

Another Rally in the books and another great couple of days!

Thanks to Michael and his tremendous staff for putting on this big event and having it go so smoothly. I really enjoyed sharing the stage with Matt, Randon, Marcus and Terrell for the "Finding Time to Make More Music and Money" panel. It really meant a lot to hear so many people come up to me and the other guys and say that it was one of the best panels of the weekend. I know we all had a lot of laughs and hopefully shared some nuggets of knowledge!

It was great catching up with my old "cohorts in composition" and making new friends, as well.

Thanks again Michael/TAXI for putting on this great event and providing the outlet for inspiration and dreams.

-Keith

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: RALLY 2018

Post by markhimley » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:01 am

Giant +1 to this. Such a great rally, and your guys’ panel was killer! So grateful for Michael and the entire staff, as well as all you generous vets who are so willing to share your advice and wisdom.

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 pm

What a fantastic weekend! And a real honor to share a stage with you sir. The magic of the Rally is indescribable. I myself will be riding this high for quite a while. Special thanks to Michael and the TAXI staff for giving me the opportunity to get to hang out with such incredible people, some of which I will call my best friends for the rest of my life.
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Nice meeting you, Keith! It was an honor being on a panel with you and some of the finest members that TAXI has to offer. The anticipation for the Rally is built up all year long so it's always unfortunate when it passes by so quickly. See you next year!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:18 am

What a great time, ya'll. Man oh man, I just LOVE the freakin' Road Rally. Seriously, it's my adult version of Christmas.

Keith, Marcus, Terrell, and Randon, it was so awesome sharing the stage with you guys on our panel. From friends to panel-mates. How cool is that?!?! Next up, sharing the stage at an awards show. Let's grab us a few Grammy's soon.

~~Matt

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Matt, Keith, Marcus, Terrell, and Randon:
I really loved your session. Great ideas. It dovetailed well with ideas that I gleaned recently (from a book, "the Productivity Project").
There are THREE elements of productivity.
1) TIME... it is relentlessly unidirectional; we cannot control time; it is the most restrictive of resources.
2) ENERGY .. comes in discrete but episodic chunks. We have to stop and rest and refuel.
3) ATTENTION... this is truly the ONLY thing that we have any hope of being able to manage and control. But it takes vigilance.