Dispatch listing, QUICKLY need a BUNCH of cues...

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

coxnvox
Impressive
Impressive

Dispatch listing, QUICKLY need a BUNCH of cues...

Post by coxnvox » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 am

...get forwarded, 5 months later...crickets.

Why is this? This has happened a few times to me now. What am I doing wrong that companies that supposedly need a "bunch of music quickly" ignore stuff that gets forwarded to them by Taxi? Do they really get so much good stuff that they just consistently pass on stuff that has been screened and vetted for them? I don't get it.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Peace,

James Cox
James Cox
coxnvox music, evergreen, co
Founder and CEO - Missional Score
MissionalScore.com

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dispatch listing, QUICKLY need a BUNCH of cues...

Post by markhimley » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am

Many, many things could cause this. It’s much easier said than done, but don’t let it discourage you! I know how frustrating it can be, trust me.

Just a few possible causes that I know can happen:

- The library got an urgent request from a show/client for a specific kind of music, so the library scrambles to collect it, and then the client changes their mind and the music is no longer needed.

- Similar situation as above but the show/client finds the music elsewhere. They likely are sending out this urgent request to MANY of their music suppliers to make sure they get what they need.

- The library is wanting to build up their catalog in this area because they know they’ll need it, but then get another urgent request with a tight deadline. They then put this music (the forwards) on the back burner for a later date as it might not be for something super urgent as they focus on the new urgent request.

- The library is quickly expanding and reaching out to many sources for new music. They have all this music to go through and get to it when they can. Many libraries are run by 2-3 people. Catalog building takes a back seat to immediate requests from clients.

Those are just my educated guesses, based on what I’ve heard from other members and from Taxi TV episodes and the likes.

There is still a good chance you’ll hear from your forward(s). But the best thing to do is just forget about them and keep writing. Write, submit, forget, repeat.

As you may or may not know, it can take a LONG time to hear back. I think Michael said in a Taxi TV episode the longest he’s heard is like 6-7 years after a forward someone got contacted.

Again don’t get discouraged, just keep moving forward! Keep doing the right things and success WILL come.

HTH

coxnvox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by coxnvox » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks, Mark. Appreciate the encouragement.

james
James Cox
coxnvox music, evergreen, co
Founder and CEO - Missional Score
MissionalScore.com

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:48 pm

markhimley wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 am
...I think Michael said in a Taxi TV episode the longest he’s heard is like 6-7 years after a forward someone got contacted.
This definitely helps keep things in perspective.

I'll be making tracks either way, and will welcome the dollars whenever they flow my way, I'm in no kind of rush.

Best of luck to all!
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions