Cinematic Sensibilities for RR Listening Panel ?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Cinematic Sensibilities for RR Listening Panel ?

Post by Susanstunes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:38 am

Hey Taxi folks!

Got a return on this for the Road Rally Songs for TV and Film Listening Panel. Here is the entire screener feedback:

Screener Feedback: "I like the quirkiness of the track, but feel that there would need to be bigger chorus release along with more cinematic sensibilities for the track to work for this request."

My confusion is about the request which, to my understanding, was not specific, but more about "Can this work in TV, Film or Commercials". It sounds to me when reading this that like they were listening for a specific request. ??

Also, the comment about the bigger chorus: I anticipated they might think the singer needs a bigger voice in the chorus. But do y'all think the "chorus release" needs to be bigger?

And lastly, the comment about "cinematic sensibilities"... do you get what they mean here?

Listen here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcYj3g_zsPY

Thank you for your input!

Susan

http://www.susanhillmanmusic.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Cinematic Sensibilities for RR Listening Panel ?

Post by ttully » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 am

Hi Susan,

Could you post the listing?

Thanks,
TIm

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 am

OK Yes, here is the listing:
Y181024FT

THIS LISTING IS ONLY FOR TAXI MEMBERS WHO WILL BE AT THE 2018 ROAD RALLY AND WANT A CHANCE TO HAVE THEIR SONG PLAYED DURING THE PANEL BELOW. GUESTS CANNOT SUBMIT FOR THIS PANEL, SORRY!

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND, 2018 – GRAND BALLROOM

2:45pm – 4:15pm:
Film & TV Song Pitch and Feedback Panel – Songs (from TAXI members only) will be played for Music Supervisors and Music Licensing executives Frank Palazzolo (Music Supervisor); Bob Mair (CEO, Black Toast Music); Mason Cooper (Music Supervisor); Beth Wernick (CEO, Imaginary Friends); and Shannon Quisenberry (Director of Creative, Think Music). Songs only! Music played during this panel will be chosen randomly from a playlist generated from a panel-specific TAXI Listing that ran prior to the Rally. Submissions not played will be screened on a yes/no basis after the Rally, and Forwards will be sent to all the panelists.

Please submit ONE SONG that you think would be good for placements in TV Shows, Feature Films, Indie Films, or Documentaries. By submitting, you acknowledge and understand that you are not guaranteed that your song will be played on this panel of Music Licensing Executives and Music Supervisors.

Mixnow3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Mixnow3 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Susan,

Very creative and cool! Songs are not my specialty but maybe transpose the melody of the chorus upward to lift it and maybe add some strings leading up to the chorus and in the chorus. Maybe add some harmony in the vocal during the chorus. Just my 2 cents.

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 pm

Hey Bill,
So happy you took a listen...I think your ideas are good. I really appreciate your compliment about the music. I'll listen to yours very soon.

Cheers, Susan
www.susanhillmanmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman