10 forwards 2 placements.

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 10 forwards 2 placements.

Post by DannyWeber » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 pm

pveniot wrote:Trying to generate a retirement job!
I think we are simpatico on that idea, my friend!

I am glad to hear about your successes in such a short time! You need to write or call TAXI and let them know personally. They would love to hear how well (especially how soon) the process has worked for you, Pierre!!

Also..
We all love to hear about the over-night successes! Testaments like these are helpful to us waiting for the seeds we've planted to sprout!

Thanks for sharing, Pierre!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Great work and congratulations!

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Know exactly what you mean about not wanting to brag - sometimes it feels a bit odd to post successes here and there's sometimes no way to do it without feeling like you're patting yourself on the back - but people LOVE to see it. It helps newer members for sure, so always feel free to post about your successes. That being said - those are great stats!! I'm sure you'll be dominating cue sheets in no time - keep it up and congrats!!

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 am

Congratulations, Pierre! Many more to come!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

russellnollen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by russellnollen » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:08 am

Wow! That's great news! Congrats!

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:35 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:30 am
Congrats on the two deals, some good numbers there you must be doing something right. Keep going.

A placement is when it shows up in a TV or Movie though, not gets accepted into Library so there's a few more hoops for those tracks to jump thorugh before you hit paydirt.

It's a good idea to open a free Tunesat Account if you don't have one yet, and drop those signed tracks into it so you can monitor if any of them do get placed, it could be a while though..stuff that we got accepted into a Library this time last year has only recently landed a placement.

The best thing is to build a relationship now with those two Libraries and feed them direct with whatver else they need that you can supply.

Mark
Hi Mark, many thx for the heads up on Tunesat, I will check this, can you tell us more about it?
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm

pveniot wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:35 am
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:30 am
Hi Mark, many thx for the heads up on Tunesat, I will check this, can you tell us more about it?
https://vimeo.com/48390616

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:37 am

DannyWeber wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 pm
pveniot wrote:Trying to generate a retirement job!
I think we are simpatico on that idea, my friend!

I am glad to hear about your successes in such a short time! You need to write or call TAXI and let them know personally. They would love to hear how well (especially how soon) the process has worked for you, Pierre!!

Also..
We all love to hear about the over-night successes! Testaments like these are helpful to us waiting for the seeds we've planted to sprout!

Thanks for sharing, Pierre!

Dan
Already had an email from Taxi wanted me to be on the Newsletter as a ''success story'' I think it's a bit early to do that!
Waiting for the 'check in the mail', but nice to know that TAXI cares about their members.
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

stansongman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by stansongman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Congrats! Everyone is correct, stuff that gets into the library may not get placed for awhile, which is why you want to keep submitting, but more importantly develop your relationship with the publishers to get on the custom cues mailing list. That will help target your submissions for projects they are working on right now. After awhile anyways, you'll see your music showing up in all kinds of different places. It's definitely a 5-year kind of strategy from my experience.