Exclusives on 3 tracks for a new series

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stansongman
Impressive
Impressive

Exclusives on 3 tracks for a new series

Post by stansongman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi all,
I just heard from a publisher I am signed with (thank you Taxi!), that a major cable network producing a new show for 2019 wants to buy exclusivity on 3 of the tracks that I submitted for the project. That's a first for me, my other placements have always been on a non-exclusive basis, or exclusive to the library but not the network.

All that to say once you get signed with a publisher, when the time is right you should ask them about getting on the mailing list for custom requests. I'm submitting for 2 shows for this publisher right now on the same network - one is an already running show which I do have placements on already, and the new one I just mentioned. Being between day jobs, I've been lucky to have a lot of time to devote to producing music, so I can keep up with Taxi listings for new opportunities, while giving these shows a lot of my attention. I'm going to make the most of my time off while I can!

I'm sure some of the veteran Taxi members have lots of other tips about how to best develop your relationship with the publishers you are signed with, but this seems to be working for me at the moment.

panfur

Re: Exclusives on 3 tracks for a new series

Post by panfur » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Thanks and I hope your relationships continue to work out well!

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Exclusives on 3 tracks for a new series

Post by annayarbrough » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Congratulations, Stan!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud