We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mrdtman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Y181219 OR Y181230HA - ??

Post by mrdtman » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Hey everyone,

I have a tune that I think may fit one or both listings & would like your thoughts on what you think.

It' called 'Bright, Sunny Day' - https://soundcloud.com/dtman-2/bright-s ... l-positive

Also, anyone know who this Mar Tin composer is? I always enjoy listening to the ala's from him/her.

DT

TAXI # Y181219PR - POSITIVE, EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a really strong Music Library with tons of credits in big Feature Films, countless TV Shows, and plenty of TV Commercials! They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall within the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from our client:

Believe 1

Believe 2

Believe 3

Quoting The Music Library: "We need Instrumentals that can be used for moments of belief. Your Instrumental Cues should be hopeful, positive and forward-going in various structural forms/build-ups.”

Please give them quality Instrumental Cues in the inspirational, uplifting style of the references above. Your submissions should have primarily organic-sounding instrumentation, with a believable and authentic-sounding performance. Having an “advertising-friendly” sound and vibe (the kind that would work well as background music in a variety of media) could help get this company excited about signing your Instrumental Cue!

You’ll notice with each example that there’s a continuous and subtle development during the arrangement; so be sure to structure your Cue around a central melodic idea, while layering instrumentation in and out as your Cue progresses to add dynamics, forward movement, and to keep it from getting repetitive.

TAXI # Y181230HA - HAPPY, ACOUSTIC-Based INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a High-End Music Library with countless credits in big Feature Films, countless TV Shows, and TV Commercials. They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall within the general wheelhouse of the following references we got from our client:

Song/Instrumental Reference 1

Song/Instrumental Reference 2

Song/Instrumental Reference 3

Please send them well-composed Instrumental Cues that rhythmically and melodically create an emotionally positive mood. Some folks would call that "happy." These cues will be used for a wide range of placements in Film and TV Commercials. Your production should be driven by mainly organic-based instrumentation and should instantly convey a clear, happy, easy-going vibe and mood. Be sure to layer your instrumentation in and out as your Cue progresses, to give it a sense of building and forward momentum.

TAXI Tip: For this request, your typical Happy, Clappy Cues are welcome, but feel free to push the envelope a bit to make your submissions stand out from the rest. Don’t forget to bring the positivity!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please refer to the references in regard to how they are structured. It’s NOT verse – chorus – verse. Instead, it's a theme that evolves as it progresses. Also, there are mostly no prominent leads or melodies; instead, the melody is baked into the chords and the arrangement by a clever combination of patterns.

MSteinmann

Re: Y181219 OR Y181230HA - ??

Post by MSteinmann » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:19 am

Hi,

I liked your cue. To my ears it would fit better in the "happy" listing because it's very light and playful. I imagine they would be looking for something more dramatic/moving for the "believe" listing...?

I assumed that Mar Tin is someone from the music library who posts things from their catalog... but just guessing. I like his/her/their songs too.

Good luck!
Maya

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:13 am

Really Cool DT!

One thing hit my ears...
When the strummed acoustic comes in, it's too loud and doesn't have anything in the left speakers to play counter to it
So it felt like the piece falls flat right there?
Otherwise I think you are nailing the feel of the Alas
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nicotina » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:01 pm

DT,

This sounds happy to me rather then uplifting. I think uplifting implies "dramatic"- this tune is just buoyant and cheerful.

Just IMHO

Vince