What are your 2019 goals?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What are your 2019 goals?

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:52 pm

funsongs wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:52 am
Howdy, Miss Anna.
For this retirement-age Old-Guy :? 8-) , music & songwriting remains more of a focused hobby - not the business pursuit of you young entrepreneurs with the talent, skills, gear, and space to make the most of the TAXI opportunities.
While the rest of the world operates in the digital & VI world, I'm content to stick with acoustic instruments... including drums - they've been lonely in their cases for nearly 4 years. How sad!

So, to do that, my 2019 goal will be one main thing: find a live/work space where I can make noise without disturbing anyone.
Then maybe the other stuff will follow... we'll see.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you & yours.
Acoustic instruments will always be my favourite! Good luck with the space—that would be awesome.

We had a great Christmas, hope you did too! Happy New Year to you!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:52 pm

songmaster wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:44 am
To get more songs into libraries and to focus on more universal lyrics for film and TV and to concenrtrate on emotions not story lines. Basically to keep writing and re-writing :)

Tom
Love it—probably the most important goal! Good luck with it all - look forward to hearing the results!
Anna Yarbrough

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm

markhimley wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:51 pm
Cool goals, Anna - can't wait to hear your new stuff in the coming year!!

Originally my goal for 2019 was to sign 300 new cues and to make at least $10,000 in total from music, but I've decided to take another route. I've been reading a lot lately on habit building, routines, and other fun stuff like that. My plan is to instead focus on the daily goals/habits I want to develop and continue that will result in getting me where I want to go.

I've been getting up pretty early (4-4:30 am depending on the day) so I can work on music before heading off to the day gig, then putting in a few more hours in the evenings, and most of the weekend hours. Haven't had much of a social life in the last couple years :lol:

My goal is just to continue to do that, and start to work some other stuff into my daily routine and schedule (like a better exercise routine, more healthy eating, stronger meditation practice, etc), slowly but surely. Instead of focusing on hitting 300 new cues or making a certain dollar amount, just really focusing and holding myself accountable on the daily work, habits, and routines that will get me there or even further.

Happy holidays and a very happy new year to you all!!
Yessss I LOVE THIS. Ok I don't know if I mentioned this book to you yet or not, but "High Performance Habits" by Brendon Bruchard literally changed my entire outlook and trajectory this year. It deals with all of that stuff - keys habits for long term longevity in your field. Can't wait to hear how it all goes... keep me posted.

Hope your Christmas was great - happy new year for next week!
Anna Yarbrough

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:56 pm

rockinrob wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:17 pm
My plan is to increase out put by 100% of what I've done...Organize my studio workflow to match output. And finally to step up my tools to the next level. My focus is on songwriting and film/tv products. I hope we all reach our goals and show the suits we truly are the GOTO class of musicians and songwriters, composers and the future....NOT A.I. !!!!!
Haha, amen to that. Great goals! Hope all goes well!
Anna Yarbrough

DRichardson

Post by DRichardson » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:42 am

annayarbrough wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:30 pm
DRichardson wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:49 pm
I've always wanted an established artist to cut a song of mine. I feel like I have made real progress this year on writing the right stuff. I've finally started getting forwards for my pop songs. So for 2019? Just a couple of number ones will do. :D Seriously though, a great film or TV placement for a song would be awesome. 2019 is going to be the year.
Yes! Where can we hear your music? Would love to check it out
There's a few songs here. Hope you like. https://soundcloud.com/drew-richardson-181912494

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:57 pm

For me that would be improving my workflow...anything from organising my favourite presets, creating better templates, learning more keyboard shortcuts in my DAW, trying to commit to a sound and properly edit stuff as early as possible (as opposed to 'let's fix that later') asf.

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by LamarPecorino » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm

annayarbrough wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 am
Hi all,

What are your musical goals/dreams for 2019?

For me - working towards finishing my next piano album, getting stuck back into songs instead of instrumentals, and hopefully pulling together an alt-pop EP. Maybe a collaboration or two, who knows. Will still be plugging away at the occasional cue, but those first goals are my focus!

What about you?

Can't wait to hearrrr 8-)
Hi Anna:

Thanks for this post. It prompted me to create a list of goals rather than vague wishes.
Anyway, my goals are as follows:

Write/Produce
150 completed Cues/Instros (solo & collaborations)
50 completed songs (solo & collaborations)

Improve Studio Skills Set
Allocate additional time in January and June to digging deeper into DAW and associated software
Learn more about Electronic Music production values and related sub genres of EDM
Continue to upgrade my sample libraries.

Wish you the very best in 2019!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Make 100 cues and sign them all with good libraries ( made 88 this year and signed 101 )

Mark

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Great job Mark!!!

Tim

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:32 am

ttully wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:07 pm
Great job Mark!!!

Tim
Thanks Tim

Also hoping to break into double figures for placements.

2016 - 0

2017 - 2

2018 - 7

Sure is a long slow road , it'll probably be this time next year before I start to see any PRO royalties from recent placements. Heading into year 4 now, I think it's going to take several more before it pays even a part time wage but I'm determined to keep chipping away at it and making incremental improvements. Listening to some of my old music makes me realise I've improved and diversified what I can produce.