Forward 4 of 8 songs from old CD

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LoCaRi987
Active
Active

Forward 4 of 8 songs from old CD

Post by LoCaRi987 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Four songs I submitted off of an 8 song CD I created in the past with a band were forwarded. The request was for "vintage - anything recorded prior to 1995" so I decided to submit all the tracks (it was recorded in 1992). Since the submission form only accepts 3 songs at a time, it was submitted in pops of 3. Because of this, 3 different screeners listened to it, and each one had a different reaction. This was a good thing, since one didn't think it sounded vintage enough (a compliment, really), the other forwarded 1 song, and the other forwarded all 3.

Just like anything in music, I've come to really believe many factors need to come together to yield a forward. It has to be the "right song, right listener, right time, for the right request". Don't take it personal, it just is what it is, and that's okay.

Also, I've learned lately not to get too excited about a forward. While it validates the music on some level, until a publisher calls, it is something to just smile about and move on with your music and your life. And that's okay, too.

Peace out.

Lori

MRasmussen
Active
Active

Re: Forward 4 of 8 songs from old CD

Post by MRasmussen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Congratulations on the 4 forwards. I wish you the best.

I think you are right .....You never know where your songs or tracks are going to land, and you never know if your tracks are exactly what they are looking for.....so....you just have to keep going.
What made a difference for me were the comments from Taxi screeners. My motto is now: Listen - Reflect - Learn.

The more comments I get from submitted tracks, the more knowledge I get. But sometimes it feels uphill, I must admit, but every forward makes a better day :D .

Best regards
Michael

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Congrats on the forwards Lori and It's Okay to get excited about forwards. Five years later and I still get excited. That's where it all starts!
LoCaRi987 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 pm
Just like anything in music, I've come to really believe many factors need to come together to yield a forward. It has to be the "right song, right listener, right time, for the right request". Don't take it personal, it just is what it is, and that's okay.
Your right but I think most importantly the right track/tracks for the request. If you nail what the client is looking for, your a shoe-in for a forward. Screeners are really rooting for you Lori!

I am too!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

carel11
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by carel11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 pm

congrats Lori:

Nice to know that things written from times past may still find the light of day
4 songs....feel good...
they in the hands of the last gate keeper..
Nicely Done

carL
a little rock, a little roll, and a rather unfocused gaze
carl wurzbach

https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
https://soundcloud.com/carelw
http://carlwurzbach.com

RustyP
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by RustyP » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Congrats Lori!

I'm hopeful as I get my forwards, but recognize that I need to take them for what they are, recognition that my song was good enough to reach one person with discerning ears at the right time. No guarantees. :) but it still feels good. :)
I wish you success! :)
Rusty