"Layla (Acoustic)" Eric Clapton Cover

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

"Layla (Acoustic)" Eric Clapton Cover

Post by DannyWeber » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Have I got this one right as a sound-alike cover? Especially the vocal.. did I overdo trying to sound like him?
Thanks!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

Elderman
Active
Active

Re: "Layla (Acoustic)" Eric Clapton Cover

Post by Elderman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:08 am

Hey Danny

I think you nailed it on this one.

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 am

Hey Dan! Great version of Layla. I think I like yours more than the original. Really nice job :) You seem to be on a roll, I don't know how you crank them out so fast. You must have a cot in your studio :lol: And a coffee maker ;)

Tom

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks Owen! You did a good job on "Don't Listen To Them" as well! Sounds like Pink Floyd may have been one of your influences. But it's a very original song,though!

Hey there Tom,

I appreciate your comments! Thanks to you and others on these Forums.. I’m seeing faster improvements in my covers! More than ever before!

BTW, you have a winner with, “We Belong Together”! It’s a great, modern Singer/Songwriter song. One of your best!! That track will definitely be a great asset for you, I’m sure!

As far as the covers I’m posting.. I recorded these years ago and I’m just remixing them with new plugins I’ve purchased over the last two years or so.
I probably have 200 sound-alikes in my exclusive hard drive catalog LOL. Most are not good enough to post here but sometimes remixing, can bring out good qualities I didn’t expect to hear.

I use a lot of templates I’ve developed as well, which make things so much easier and faster and I try to stay continually productive every day.

Thanks, Tom and Owen! I appreciate your comments!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers