Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sermusicusa
Active
Active
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by sermusicusa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am

The Chainsmokers track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKPCBAlDw2A) that is listed as an example is a poor example of Future Bass. Its a POP song. That shouldnt even be an example of future bass.

The Marshmello track is wayyyyy more future bass than the Chainsmokers one is.

If you read the description of what is being looked for:
Please submit rhythmically and melodically engaging Instrumental Cues that have a real-deal Future Bass vibe and style

That Chainsmokers Song is NOT what is being looked for. This is why things here have gotten confusing. You guys have a great description as to what you want but your example songs do not fit the genre at all (especially with electronic music) or they just scratch the surface of that Genre which is the case here with the chainsmokers song.

People need to realize there is a difference between Electronic POP songs and Electronic Music. its not the same thing. There is still an 'underground' sound for electronic music its not all cookie cutter poppy music with electronic influence.

User avatar
ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by ttully » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am

Just my guess...
But if it is going to be used on TV... they do not want it to sound underground.


Tim

sermusicusa
Active
Active
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by sermusicusa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 pm

You missed the point. The Chainsmokers track in the listing is NOT future bass.

User avatar
jaywilliams
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:52 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Bellingham, Washington, USA
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 pm

sermusicusa thanks for this thread. as a new composer one of my weaknesses is understanding today's various genres. I haven't even attempted to make sense out of "Future Bass" yet.

are there certain cites or resources you can recommend in regards to understanding various genres?

I for one would welcome some clarity in regards to "EDM" when it shows up on a listing...

thanks!

Jay :)
see you at the top!

James Hagarty dba Jay Williams Productions
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 pm
as a new composer one of my weaknesses is understanding today's various genres.
My advice..read up on the genre on wikipedia and understand what it grew out of. The go listen to some of the influential tracks mentioned , then listen the Listing references.

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:01 pm

sermusicusa wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am
The Chainsmokers track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKPCBAlDw2A) that is listed as an example is a poor example of Future Bass. Its a POP song. That shouldnt even be an example of future bass.
I agree it's a mostly pop track but the chorus part @ 0.56 is heavily Future Bass influenced

User avatar
jaywilliams
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:52 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Bellingham, Washington, USA
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:13 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm
jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 pm
as a new composer one of my weaknesses is understanding today's various genres.
My advice..read up on the genre on wikipedia and understand what it grew out of. The go listen to some of the influential tracks mentioned , then listen the Listing references.
cosmicdolphin thank you so much. that is an obvious (but overlooked on my part, until now!) solution to my problem. as obvious as it is I would never have thought of this, research begins.....NOW!

Jay :)
see you at the top!

James Hagarty dba Jay Williams Productions
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:54 am

jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:13 pm

cosmicdolphin thank you so much. that is an obvious (but overlooked on my part, until now!) solution to my problem. as obvious as it is I would never have thought of this, research begins.....NOW!

Jay :)
No worries , a little history / background research on music you didn't grow up with can be enlightening

sermusicusa
Active
Active
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by sermusicusa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:33 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:01 pm
sermusicusa wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am
The Chainsmokers track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKPCBAlDw2A) that is listed as an example is a poor example of Future Bass. Its a POP song. That shouldnt even be an example of future bass.
I agree it's a mostly pop track but the chorus part @ 0.56 is heavily Future Bass influenced
Ya influenced doesnt really make it a Future Bass Track. Its a Pop song with a little future bass influence, yes, that is a good way to describe that. Where as you look at the Marshmello song and you hear a good example of what Future Bass is.

I am just pointing this out because the descriptions don't always match the example tracks. I've brought it up before, here, and to Taxi, and nothing has changed. Its almost like whoever is posting it has no clue what they are doing. In this case, it could be that the chainsmokers are hot right now so hey a song that sounds like this would be okay by us. However, that is NOT future bass and should not be categorized as such.

So when I get my tracks returned I will be able this out to them once again. :)

sermusicusa
Active
Active
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:30 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by sermusicusa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Jay,

There are so many Genres in music now its ridiculous. Unfortunately while I was away on holiday for a few years Electronic Music went and got itself tons of genres and sub genres. There is a new one created every week it seems. To keep up on all of that would require all of your time. Its not worth it. I would say just compose what you like and know. Don't worry about other genres. That's what I do. There was a time Future Bass was new to me, several years ago, but I listened to a lot of future bass tracks and got into it a lot I decided to start making some tracks in that genre. Its not my main genre in electronic music, but its fun to play with and every so often I come up with something worthy of sending in. But not that often. I have decided to limit my submissions to only that which I deem worthy of someones time. No longer am I going to try to do a genre I don't know just to try it out. Most likely that track will be returned anyway unless by the grace of God it gets through. I doubt whoever then listens to it would be interested. But you never know.


jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 pm
sermusicusa thanks for this thread. as a new composer one of my weaknesses is understanding today's various genres. I haven't even attempted to make sense out of "Future Bass" yet.

are there certain cites or resources you can recommend in regards to understanding various genres?

I for one would welcome some clarity in regards to "EDM" when it shows up on a listing...

thanks!

Jay :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests