E-Mail Listings New Format

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TuKatz
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

E-Mail Listings New Format

Post by TuKatz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Hello Taxi:

Lately I have noticed that the format of the E-Mail's that I have been getting that have the opportunities in them has changed. They now have red boxes with links to the opportunities that now take us to the Taxi Website where we need to log in to see the opportunities. Is it possible to get it back to the way it was before where I could just read them in my e-mail? I like just reading them there in my e-mail client as well as I like to archive those e-mails by genre so I can go back and use the examples in those listings to help a little with current listings, this would be much easier with the old format.

Thank you for considering my request. As always, you all do a great job getting great listings for us, and I appreciate all the work you put into it.

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: E-Mail Listings New Format

Post by MBantle » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm

TuKatz wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm
Hello Taxi:

Lately I have noticed that the format of the E-Mail's that I have been getting that have the opportunities in them has changed. They now have red boxes with links to the opportunities that now take us to the Taxi Website where we need to log in to see the opportunities. Is it possible to get it back to the way it was before where I could just read them in my e-mail? I like just reading them there in my e-mail client as well as I like to archive those e-mails by genre so I can go back and use the examples in those listings to help a little with current listings, this would be much easier with the old format.

Thank you for considering my request. As always, you all do a great job getting great listings for us, and I appreciate all the work you put into it.
Thanks Charles. I also liked the old format better.

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm OK with the new format except that it requires login. I look at lots of listings so the login gets to be a pain.
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:15 am

We fixed that, so now you can see all listings and only need to login to submit. With half of our email listings being viewed on phones, it makes sense to not put the full text of each listing in the emails. WAY too much scrolling involved, and we wanted to take readers to the page that had ALL the listings as well.

We're in the middle of a major re-build of our backend system for submitting and screening. When it's done, it's going to be "Amazon easy" for members and screeners to use the TAXI site.

We're also building in some AI features that will take less than perfect submissions and tweak them to be perfect without the members having to lift a finger! 100% of all submissions will get forwarded 100% of the time! :roll:

OK, I might be joking about that last part, but we are building some cool new stuff. The roll out date is hard to predict, as working with developers/coders is like hiring kitchen remodel contractors: 2X as long, and 2X the cost. But it IS coming!

Michael

jdstamper
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jdstamper » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:01 am

Thanks Michael!

Yes, I noticed a couple days ago that login was no longer required, working very smooth and seamless now including phone access.

I feel your pain working on future upgrades ... I did that for years in my old day job in corporate IT, and I KNOW I'd rather have it right than have it soon.

Looking forward to the "AI changes" :lol:

Jim
Jim Stamper
Production Music ... from Underscore to Overdrive
https://www.taxi.com/members/jimstamper

TuKatz
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TuKatz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:58 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:15 am

We're also building in some AI features that will take less than perfect submissions and tweak them to be perfect without the members having to lift a finger! 100% of all submissions will get forwarded 100% of the time! :roll:

OK, I might be joking about that last part, but we are building some cool new stuff. The roll out date is hard to predict, as working with developers/coders is like hiring kitchen remodel contractors: 2X as long, and 2X the cost. But it IS coming!

Michael
Michael, not sure I am ready for AI to make my songs "perfect", as I keep reading AI may replace us all anyway. We will be like the people in "Wally"--- :o LOL!!!

Seriously though, thanks for the reply. I just liked getting the full text in the e-mail, it made it easier to archive in my e-mail client, I now have to add an extra step to do so (and now on my local computer instead of in the cloud, which isn't necessarily a bad thing---).

Again, thanks for the reply and all you and your staff do. Some of the upgrades you have done already are great, and I have noticed some also require a little "tweaking". Keep up the good work.

carel11
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by carel11 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:09 pm

yes michael, thanks so much for responding to our concerns
I also liked the old set up as it was easy to make a little bulletin board for myself .....
I could see what I would like to work on , due date, and then move it to the submitted section of the screen once it was complete.
Slightly saddened, I will of course take the extra steps involved and await the ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.
be well
carL
a little rock, a little roll, and a rather unfocused gaze
carl wurzbach

https://www.taxi.com/my/artist
https://soundcloud.com/carelw
http://carlwurzbach.com