Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:57 am

sermusicusa wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:33 pm
I am just pointing this out because the descriptions don't always match the example tracks. I've brought it up before, here, and to Taxi, and nothing has changed. Its almost like whoever is posting it has no clue what they are doing. In this case, it could be that the chainsmokers are hot right now so hey a song that sounds like this would be okay by us. However, that is NOT future bass and should not be categorized as such.

So when I get my tracks returned I will be able this out to them once again. :)
Music is subjective and the lines between styles are blurred and blurring more all the time, whether or not something is correctly labelled or fits in a certain box is kinda irrelevant in a way.

Just listen out for the common demoninators and go with that. I've had some Future Bass signed and placed this year, I mostly learned from Youtube tutorials on Alex Rome's channel and it seemed to work without getting too hung up on the references.

sermusicusa
Active
Active

Re: Listing #Y190126FB for Future Bass

Post by sermusicusa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:04 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:57 am
sermusicusa wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:33 pm
I am just pointing this out because the descriptions don't always match the example tracks. I've brought it up before, here, and to Taxi, and nothing has changed. Its almost like whoever is posting it has no clue what they are doing. In this case, it could be that the chainsmokers are hot right now so hey a song that sounds like this would be okay by us. However, that is NOT future bass and should not be categorized as such.

So when I get my tracks returned I will be able this out to them once again. :)
Music is subjective and the lines between styles are blurred and blurring more all the time, whether or not something is correctly labelled or fits in a certain box is kinda irrelevant in a way.

Just listen out for the common demoninators and go with that. I've had some Future Bass signed and placed this year, I mostly learned from Youtube tutorials on Alex Rome's channel and it seemed to work without getting too hung up on the references.

You kind of missed the point as well. My point is that if you are going to have a description and then post reference tracks, and one of the reference tracks clearly does not fit the bill of what the description says, then you have issues. It does matter whether or not its labeled correctly. I WISH we lived in a world without labels on our music but unfortunately we do not. We have 100,000 genres and most of it is crap.

You got the music placed? That's great. I get lots of forwards, but then it stalls. Everytime I ignore a reference and just stick to the description the reviewer sites me for it. And if its the other way around, I get rejected also. So that is why I am a bit nerved about this track being labeled as future bass, it clearly is not. It just bugs me. Why even include that as a sample. Just delete it, and use the other two. Or if references dont matter, then dont use them. Or say, we will not be judging your track based on the references at all, so give it a go based on the description. The references are just a guide. Well, if they were just a guide, why return tracks when they dont match up completely? See what I am getting at?

Rant over.