Ever Use Sampled Acoustic Guitars?

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Ever Use Sampled Acoustic Guitars?

Post by Len911 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Hey Stephen, the demos usually all sound good,lol!

The difference is when you take a performance of a song and try to recreate the same performance using a multi-sampled instrument. It's more than just the difference in guitars used, people playing,etc., it's the sound of the notes transitioning.
It's not even about whether it is immediately obvious which one is "real" vs sampled, as they are all real and sampled. That's only my personal opinion, and I've tried as best I can to explain it, scientifically or not, and as an opinion,it's either understood or not, or will be revealed after using it awhile or not,lol!
I've tinkered with some of these https://www.amplesound.net/en/index.asp and if someone wanted a recommendation for strictly a vst instrument, and only opinion as a ms instrument, I would highly recommend them!

Yes,it could get very expensive and time consuming to search for samples for creating pieces for submission to various styles and genres!

I think maybe most people begin music primarily to produce and write songs as demos, and often realize that it's also about production skills,and mixing and mastering as well, especially if the productions are to be used in the end products. A demo
has evolved from once an idea or conception, to a demo production.
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

I think the great thing about Taxi is that the reference kind of tells you what you need... If a 'real' acoustic guitar is needed NI probably won't do the job... but if the acoustic guitar is just a colour in the mix than why not using NI... I think it always depends on the context.

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:35 pm

MBantle wrote:I think the great thing about Taxi is that the reference kind of tells you what you need... If a 'real' acoustic guitar is needed NI probably won't do the job... but if the acoustic guitar is just a colour in the mix than why not using NI... I think it always depends on the context.
Agreed
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:44 pm

Yeah, I don't use VI guitars, but I'd have no problem using them in a context that saves me setting up a bunch of microphones to record a part that's not prominent in the mix. In fact, Indiginus has a couple VIs that are on my wishlist.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:53 pm

mojobone wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:44 pm
Yeah, I don't use VI guitars, but I'd have no problem using them in a context that saves me setting up a bunch of microphones to record a part that's not prominent in the mix. In fact, Indiginus has a couple VIs that are on my wishlist.
Yeah, I went with the NI VI. I agree, I wouldn't use any of them in a track where they are featured. Just a background instrument in the rythym section is what I'll use mine for.
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon