SHORT "SONGS" with LYRIC/VOCAL PHRASES about MONEY, EXCESS, POWER, etc.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: SHORT "SONGS" with LYRIC/VOCAL PHRASES about MONEY, EXCESS, POWER, etc.

Post by jaywilliams » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am

NaeDae wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm
Go to youtube and search "ASMR coins" or "ASMR bowl" and then download the audio from one of those videos with an online converter. Then find the sounds, chop them out of the other audio, and put the sounds into a sampler. Slap a little bit of reverb on/or and raise the release/attack times to get a smoother sound.
Not to be too nit-picky BUT - what gives you (me, anyone) the right to rip sounds from YouTube and incorporate them into your own work?

I thought we were being paid for creating our OWN intellectual property, and therefore it would make sense for us to respect others' IP in turn, no?
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive

Post by NaeDae » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 pm

jaywilliams wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am
NaeDae wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm
Go to youtube and search "ASMR coins" or "ASMR bowl" and then download the audio from one of those videos with an online converter. Then find the sounds, chop them out of the other audio, and put the sounds into a sampler. Slap a little bit of reverb on/or and raise the release/attack times to get a smoother sound.
Not to be too nit-picky BUT - what gives you (me, anyone) the right to rip sounds from YouTube and incorporate them into your own work?

I thought we were being paid for creating our OWN intellectual property, and therefore it would make sense for us to respect others' IP in turn, no?
Ok pardon me I meant to say go ask ASMR/field-recorder youtubers for permission (pro-tip: I've actually asked hundreds and they don't really care) or pay for samples from somewhere else, and then do what I said. That, or go buy a $400 binaural microphone and make your own sounds that sound exactly the same. Just remember that if you download and re-use .02 seconds of sound from a youtube video for a transformative work then you go to hell for stealing, so never ever do that or you're a bad person.

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 pm

ok then, I'll remember that.

thank you so much!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 pm

annayarbrough wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 am
jaywilliams wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 am
I would love to hear of *any* tracks that were forwarded for this particular listing.

I'll just leave this here for someone to reply to, anyone?

Here ya go http://blog.taxi.com/forward/010419/

Listing Y181230BZ
Thanks Anna.. Right on! Not many forwarded but good tracks nonetheless! Thanks for posting!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive

Post by NaeDae » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:20 pm

No problem. And I bet you'll find a use for this track. Another great trick for panning mono recordings to sound 3d is to add very short convolution reverb (just to widen it a bit), then pan with Ambeo Orbit (a free binaural panning plugin).

Hard panning made sense in older recordings because they were always played on speakers, but nowadays a lot of people (including TAXI screeners) listen on headphones.