Dark Eerie Drone Instrumental Que

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mmucklow
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Dark Eerie Drone Instrumental Que

Post by mmucklow » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Not my first forward at TAXI.

However, it was my first ever non-guitar composition in this genre/style that got forwarded!

I am so excited about it because I just didn't know if my composition skills outside of my "normal", which has been primarily guitar based instrumentals, would be good enough.

I'm encouraged to continue learning composition for cues and trailers. I really enjoy making these short (up to) two minute pieces of music.

https://www.mucklowproductions.com/taxi/
Michael Mucklow
Composer, Guitarist, Producer, Cue Composer in Training
Michael @ TAXI | Michael's Website | Shadows Of Clouds | Rushingwind & Mucklow | Ant Hill Brothers

dotted8
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Dark Eerie Drone Instrumental Que

Post by dotted8 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:18 pm

Way to go, Mike! I’m sort of in the same boat; I had two forwarded for that listing and somewhat like you, they were my first non-song submissions. I hope you are on a roll and get a bunch more. Keep up the good work!
"The truth is never out of breath"

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/robarey

mmucklow
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by mmucklow » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Thanks Rob; and congrats to you too for the forwards!

Definitely nice to get the validation by a TAXI screener. (who ever you are)
Michael Mucklow
Michael @ TAXI | Michael's Website | Shadows Of Clouds | Rushingwind & Mucklow | Ant Hill Brothers

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GuitarKit » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 am

That's great news Michael.
Can you copy paste the listing description and a soundcloud (or similar) link so we know what the listing required and what you cane up with?
That tends to be the forum practice.
Hope you keep the fever.

mmucklow
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by mmucklow » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi GuitarKit,

You're right, I need to list the request description and track link when I post. :oops:

Here it is:
Y181227DR
DARK and EERIE DRONE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very active British Music Library that’s looking to TAXI to find a lot of music to meet their increased client demand. Please submit “drone-y” Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Vice - The Opioid Effect (From 0:00 – 0:55)

True Detective S1 OST - The Tiara

“Under the Midnight Sun” by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Please submit dark, eerie Instrumental Cues that could support creepy or ominous scenes. Your submissions should have a consistent droning quality, and very little to no melodic movement. Be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout the entirety of the Cue to keep your piece emotionally cohesive from beginning to end. VERY sparse percussion can also be added; but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are the keys to this pitch.

NOTE: Please remember, they don’t need horror-based pieces, so much as something that delivers an unsettling, dark and moody feeling.

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds in length, give or take. Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out will work best.

https://www.mucklowproductions.com/taxi/

~Michael
Michael Mucklow

JannieM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JannieM » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Congrats on your forward and thanks for posting listing info. I also got a forward on this one.

Jan
Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love. ~ ~ ~ ~ Author Unknown