Thank you Dean and Michael!

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Thank you Dean and Michael!

Post by Tunesmith » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 am

That was a fun, informative show last night! Loved the split screen!

Best to you,
Linda

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Thank you Dean and Michael!

Post by deankripp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Thanks Linda,

It was fun!

Hope some worthwhile info was passed along :-)

deano k

mikevan

Post by mikevan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi Dean, always a pleasure hearing you talk about music and thanks for sharing your insight on members' cues. Couldn't catch the show live but I'm glad you listened to my track 'Steps Ahead' and seemed to like it. Since you and Michael were wondering about that, all guitars on the track were real and the intro riff was a layer of two acoustics and one electric. Take care.

deankripp
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by deankripp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Hey Mike,

I just went back and listened to "Steps Ahead" on real speakers :-) (I was having trouble getting an accurate read on anything through my phones).... Yeah, I dig the track. Nice job and great guitar playing. I've actually had multiple "uplifting" pieces similar to your "Steps Ahead" style placed as "walk on" pieces in shows like Oprah and Dr. Oz. I think it's very placeable.

It's cool as is, but I wonder what it would sound like with just one of your acoustics on that intro riff (?)... (not stacked guitars) The only reason I mention that - is that I have a few publishers who always want to hear more "earthy" sounds from real instruments (as opposed to all of the cool stacking stuff that we can do) especially in these types of cues... Why? ...because some of those shows that this could be used for want to convey an image of authenticity (I'm thinking all of those remodeling, house-flipping shows).... and the sound of one real acoustic instrument can sometimes do that. Just a thought.

Anyway, cool tune. I could see it getting used as is. Thanks for letting me listen. (I'm glad I got to finally hear it on real speakers)

:-)

deano k

mikevan

Post by mikevan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi Dean

thanks for going back to listen to my cue. I sure like to stack up different guitars, make a big sound ;) Your suggestion is really interesting and makes a lot of sense, I will surely make an alternate mix with just one guitar in the riff, maybe even some kind of underscore version with that idea in mind... Thanks again for sharing your expertise and wisdom
Take care