with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Noego
Active
Active

Arturia Products.

Post by Noego » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Opinions over others?

Software synths and pianos not the interface sorry.

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Arturia Products.

Post by Razor7Music » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

Noego wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 pm
Opinions over others?

Software synths and pianos not the interface sorry.
Hello there--

Can you elaborate a little on what you're looking for, and maybe include a link? Not sure if you're comparing to other products for price, how the sounds fits certain genres, etc.

:-D
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

Noego
Active
Active

Post by Noego » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey there Stephen.
Thanks so much for your response.

Just overall quality, user friendliness, and audio engine compared to say Native INstruments, not so much price but I have heard a lot about Arturia and I have historically been an acoustic music out of the box guy except for more natural samples like EastWest which I have been a user for 10 yrs or more. . I am looking to venture to new genres now that I am joining Taxi (newbie) and looking for more experienced user comments. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your help.
Lou.

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Gotcha. I understand now. I think you'll get some good replies from the experts in this forum with the extra info you provided.

Personally, I'm an NI guy from long, long back, so I'm interested to read the replies as well.

Taxi is awesome! The members are awesome and so is this forum! Welcome!
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

Noego
Active
Active

Post by Noego » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:58 pm

Cool thanks Razor.

I think it will be a good thing joining Taxi. Hope to start off on the right foot. I have been recording others for quite some time and just sold my day business to get back to music. I think Taxi will be the structure I need to get it going.

Cheers.
Lou

dannyrichardson

Post by dannyrichardson » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:27 pm

If am a big fan of Arturia soft-synths as well as their MIDI controllers. They just put out their newest controller, the Keylab MKII and I know this got really good reviews. Might be worth looking into!

Noego
Active
Active

Post by Noego » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm

Will do. Thx. Danny!

HBatchelder

Post by HBatchelder » Wed May 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Noego - I have and have used both NI Kontakt 3 and 6, the current and (I think) the original Arturia collection, and Propellerhead Reason soft synths. I love Reason and use it a LOT for everything, but am currently feeling the need to add "refills" for new synth sounds. Arturia's soft synths are great if you're looking for the sounds of famous synths and keys - or can tweak the parameters to get at specific sounds. For me it's usually tweaking or removing a sound's effects to make a more cohesive mix. There are also a ton of instruments to choose from. I have the Arturia V Collection 7, which is the whole collection of 24 synths (they do a really great upgrade deal from previous versions of the Arturia collection). Arturia's Analog Labs module lets you browse and edit all of the presets of the V Collection 7 from it and combine sounds from various synths to make new sounds. It also has really handy description tags (such as ambient, simple, complex, lead, soft, etc.) which saves a ton of time. I think you need the Collection to use it, but I could be wrong there. NI's Kontakt 6 has the new hybridizers in Analog Dreams, Ethereal Earth, and Hybrid Keys, all of which allow the user to choose two sounds to combine to make new synth sounds but I don't find it as user friendly. I'm liking them though for specific ambient content but Arturia's are the soft synths outside of Reason that I end up using most often. You can tweak the sounds in the NI synths - it just doesn't seem as user friendly to me or as transparent. The Arturia Piano V collection is a real standout for me. It has dozens of different combos for pianos, rooms, and mic placements, which suits me well for whatever sound fits into the overall piece. Note that I don't do solo piano pieces, so take that for what it's worth. I'm a guitar player and drummer, so actual piano players may have different opinions about what works for them on pieces that feature acoustic piano and soft synths. Also, I've never used NI's Massive or Absynth and I've heard they're great. I'd be interested to see what others think of those. This is my first ever post and I really hope this is helpful in some way and not grossly long winded!
Cheers!
Heidi

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:09 am

Their strong suite is probably vintage synth emulations. An example of a dud, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -brass-2.0
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music