7 FOR 10 SO FAR!!! STOKED!!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

daneholmesmusic

7 FOR 10 SO FAR!!! STOKED!!!

Post by daneholmesmusic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the length but hoping this provides some insight as how one can progress in their music. Joining the forum for the first time! Blessed to have a full time job with great benefits, a wife and two little ones (9 month old Noah and 4 1/2 yr old Willow). I "tried" taxi back in 2012 and submitted a total of 6 tracks in two years. I was just scared of it even though I had two forwards and made a great connection at the road rally where one of my tracks was played in the grand ball room. Overcoming fear is a huge part of all this for musicians. Renewed again in 2014 but I joined a band as sort of producer and performer. Producing, full time job and a newborn at the time took all my time and energy so I never submitted once during that 2nd two year membership! However, I worked long and HARD everyday producing for my band which gave me a ton more confidence after releasing two 6 song eps over a two and 1/2 yr period. The combination of getting out and meeting other artists in the local scene, working and collaborating with the musicians in my band and working with a production partner really strengthened me as an all around musician and producer. It gave me a ton more confidence as our music has been getting plenty of use in a non exclusive library. Through connections I also was able to produce a growing artist with a strong fan base and will have a couple tracks of hers drop soon.

Shout out to Taxi's marketing efforts that hooked me after several 2 for 1 year membership offers last June. Shout out to the 5 guys on the road rally panel that convinced me I could make time for making more music with my busy family life (Matt V, Terrell Burt, Mark (?) and two others. Shout out to the Taxi TV episodes and resources that help with industry knowledge and perspective. I'M 7 FOR 10 FORWARDS NOW and landed my first track signed to a library. For the first time in my life I know that the only thing standing in my way of making this my living is simply putting in the time...I'm sold on 430am and have done that several times since. Bottom line is that you just have to want this bad enough. No one is going to hold your hand through it all but there are many willing to help guide and lead you to water. Big thanks to those that have done that for me and thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to future collabs!

Dane Holmes
www.daneholmesmusic.com

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 7 FOR 10 SO FAR!!! STOKED!!!

Post by GuitarKit » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 am

That's great Dane. Hope you keep going. The Taxi buzz phrase is : write- submitt- forgett- repeat.
Would love to hear some tracks. Can you post some links please.

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:37 pm

daneholmesmusic wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the length but hoping this provides some insight as how one can progress in their music. Joining the forum for the first time! Blessed to have a full time job with great benefits, a wife and two little ones (9 month old Noah and 4 1/2 yr old Willow). I "tried" taxi back in 2012 and submitted a total of 6 tracks in two years. I was just scared of it even though I had two forwards and made a great connection at the road rally where one of my tracks was played in the grand ball room. Overcoming fear is a huge part of all this for musicians. Renewed again in 2014 but I joined a band as sort of producer and performer. Producing, full time job and a newborn at the time took all my time and energy so I never submitted once during that 2nd two year membership! However, I worked long and HARD everyday producing for my band which gave me a ton more confidence after releasing two 6 song eps over a two and 1/2 yr period. The combination of getting out and meeting other artists in the local scene, working and collaborating with the musicians in my band and working with a production partner really strengthened me as an all around musician and producer. It gave me a ton more confidence as our music has been getting plenty of use in a non exclusive library. Through connections I also was able to produce a growing artist with a strong fan base and will have a couple tracks of hers drop soon.

Shout out to Taxi's marketing efforts that hooked me after several 2 for 1 year membership offers last June. Shout out to the 5 guys on the road rally panel that convinced me I could make time for making more music with my busy family life (Matt V, Terrell Burt, Mark (?) and two others. Shout out to the Taxi TV episodes and resources that help with industry knowledge and perspective. I'M 7 FOR 10 FORWARDS NOW and landed my first track signed to a library. For the first time in my life I know that the only thing standing in my way of making this my living is simply putting in the time...I'm sold on 430am and have done that several times since. Bottom line is that you just have to want this bad enough. No one is going to hold your hand through it all but there are many willing to help guide and lead you to water. Big thanks to those that have done that for me and thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to future collabs!

Dane Holmes
www.daneholmesmusic.com

Great to hear the great news.

SawtoothPorter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SawtoothPorter » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Welcome, Dane!

We met at the rally and I am glad to see you on the forums and getting some forwards :)

Best,
Elliott

daneholmesmusic

Post by daneholmesmusic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:56 am

GuitarKit wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:49 am
That's great Dane. Hope you keep going. The Taxi buzz phrase is : write- submitt- forgett- repeat.
Would love to hear some tracks. Can you post some links please.
Love your tracks! And yes I've gotta adopt that buzz phrase.
My first and only signed track so far: https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/sky-burn

Is there a way I can just put a link to the listing instead of copy/pasting the whole description here? Below are the tracks forwarded so far:

https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/sky-burn (synthwave)
https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/ ... -feat-coav (indie folk / singer songwriter)
https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/im-alone (modern ambient hip hop)
https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/home-stomps (stomp/clap instrumental)
https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/left-alone (somber piano)
https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/foggy-sunrise-2 (ambient, brian eno style)
https://soundcloud.com/daneholmesmusic/deep-light (ambient electronic)

Have a listen, thanks!

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm

Great post. I think a lot of us can identify with your early challenges. I know I can.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon

daneholmesmusic

Post by daneholmesmusic » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

SawtoothPorter wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm
Welcome, Dane!

We met at the rally and I am glad to see you on the forums and getting some forwards :)

Best,
Elliott
Elliott! Totally remember you man! Good to see you on the forum as well. I need to check out your tunes. Keep in touch man.

-Dane