We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Chinese Percussion

Post by jaywilliams » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Hey Tom, what a cool track!

"Imagine what you might hear as a travel show host walks and talks his/her way through a Chinese market. What might you hear under while a trendy chef is plating up some Kung Pao deliciousness in a cooking show? Those are just a couple of types of scenes that could use music with a Chinese influence or twist."

I think it fits, best of luck!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Chinese Percussion

Post by pveniot » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:56 am

CTWF wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 pm
They did not say it couldn't be percussion. So here it is, should I spend $5 and submit? :? Tom

CONTEMPORARY INSTRUMENTALS with a CHINESE "Twist" in ALL GENRES and STYLES are needed by WEDNESDAY by a hot European Music Library.

NOTE: We purposely didn't include references in this request, as the client is looking for a wide range of styles as long as the pieces have some Chinese influence in the sounds, instrumentation, melody or overall vibe.

Yep, you could potentially submit Hip-Hop with a Pipa, Dizi, or Guzheng, and it could work if it's top notch! The same would be true for an uplifting, light acoustic piece with a dash of Chinese-sounding melody played on a Guzheng.

How about a Pop Instrumental with a Pipa on it? Sure! Anything goes, as long as it's not so far out there that it wouldn't work well supporting a scene! EDM with an Erhu? Sure, why not!

Imagine what you might hear as a travel show host walks and talks his/her way through a Chinese market. What might you hear under while a trendy chef is plating up some Kung Pao deliciousness in a cooking show? Those are just a couple of types of scenes that could use music with a Chinese influence or twist.

Use your imagination, and please remember that they're NOT looking for Traditional Chinese music in this request. Please send them something modern-sounding and hybridized with Chinese elements.

All submissions should be between 90 seconds and 3 minutes long, give or take. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, February 20th, 2019. TAXI #Y190220CC
I live in Hong Kong... have you ever listened to a Dragon Dance? I bet you did not. Playing samples of chinese instruments is kind of easy, but does not cut the job.
If you want to submit to a chinese music listing, I strongly suggest you listen to some Chinese music...
If you want to, in the future....

But I like your tune... i would be perfect in a contemporary place with bourgeois chinese and some french or ...

Hope this helps, ny two or three cents

Pierre
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)