Feedback Desired - You Stay

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Feedback Desired - You Stay

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Hello everyone,
I have posted a few times under the peer-to-peer area of the forums seeking feedback. It just hit me . . . perhaps this is the better place to post songs/cues for forum feedback. If not, just let me know.

MIX?
So, we just finished a mix for the Singer/Songwriter listing that closes tonight (see below). We would love to get some feedback on the mix. Do y'all hear anything that needs revising?

LINK
https://soundcloud.com/johnny-rowing/yo ... her-platts

LYRICS
Driving the road in the moonlight rolling through a sea of grey
Life in the rearview mirror everything behind me fades

But - you - stay
Yes - you - stay

And in the early morning - There I’ll Be
And in the daylight fading - There I’ll Be
Cause you - stay

Even when the road we are travelling is changing
You with your arm around is everything

Cause - you - stay
Yes - you - stay

And in that early morning - There I’ll Be

And in that early morning - There I’ll Be
Cause you - stay

LISTING DESCRIPTION
CONTEMPORARY SINGER/SONGWRITER SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a successful, high-quality Production Music Library that has signed and placed a lot of TAXI Members music over the years. They’re looking for Songs in All-Tempos that are in the general stylistic wheelhouse of (but not limited to) the following references:

“Cannonball ” by Damien Rice

"Shine" by David Gray

“Night Bus” by Lucy Rose

"Between the Bars" by Elliot Smith

Please send compelling, acoustic-based Singer/Songwriter Songs in the general wheelhouse of the references above. Stripped-down, Acoustic Guitar/Vocal or Piano/Vocal performances are encouraged and will work for this pitch, as long as the songs are great and the performance is emotionally driven. Awesome vocal performances could help you on this request!

Lyric Tip: Although they're open to hearing all sorts of different lyrical content, ideally they would love to hear songs that hit one of the following themes: Determination / Perseverance / Winning / Overcoming Challenges / Love / Friendship / Heartache / Unity / Time / Memories / Beginnings / Goals / Dreams / Motivation / Support and Encouragement. Positive stuff, with the exception of heartache ;-)

Do not copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI screener and must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, March 7th, 2019. TAXI #S190307SS

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Feedback Desired - You Stay

Post by ttully » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Hey Johnny,

You had it right the first time!
Peer to Peer is where you want to put this.

This is the place to discuss the screener reviews you got for a track you submitted for a listing.

Tim

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Feedback Desired - You Stay

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Thank man! I copy/pasted over there. I can't seem to locate a way to delete this thread. :(

So . . . hopefully it dies a quick death! ;)