Passenger Profile, Recent Placements, & Huge Milestone!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Passenger Profile, Recent Placements, & Huge Milestone!

Post by TerrellBurt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Hey everybody, what's good? I just wanted to share a couple of things with you, starting with the first part of my Passenger Profile is now available at https://www.taxi.com/transmitter/?cid=EMIATR000000151. Some of you may already know me while others don't know me at all, so this interview will provide you with some really good insight about my background and my journey. It's the most in depth talk that I've ever had about my music. Please check it out and let me know what you think. The second part will be released later this month along with the TAXI Newsletter.

Also, some of my recent placements since the beginning of the new year include: Black Ink Crew: Chicago (VH1), Hustle (Viceland), The Dude Perfect Show (Nickelodeon), and Step Up: High Water (YouTube Premium). The placements are starting to pick up! My first placement back in 2016 seemed so far away at the time, but after that and with TAXI's tools, it motivated me to keep working and now I'm starting to experience a snowball effect. Just remember that none of your hard work is vain if you keep the bigger picture in mind.

And lastly, the placements are starting to pick up for another reason...last month, I crossed the 100 songs signed threshold to music libraries! Song #108, an R&B ballad that my boy Marcus "CaiNo" Cohen helped me out with, just got signed last night actually. This is big for me because as you may or may not know, my focus is lyrics/vocal melodies and not instrumental cues. I might be looking to change that up here soon, but yeah, in the meantime, this is what it is. Through grad school, working a fulltime job, a recent marriage, family life, this goal seemed unattainable but I'm living proof that it's not! I'll be sure to update you all when I hit #200. ;)

I wanted to give a BIG shout out to Michael Laskow and TAXI for making all of this possible for me! And another big shout out to my various co-writers who challenge me to become better with every collab we knock out. TAXI does work, but only if you allow it to. Be blessed everyone!

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Passenger Profile, Recent Placements, & Huge Milestone!

Post by markhimley » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:50 pm

Awesome post, Terrell!! Super happy for you man, your successes are SO well deserved. Can't wait to dig into your passenger profile. Congrats on everything and wishing you many more successes!!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:03 pm

That's wassup, Terrell! So happy to read this post and see the interview.

You've worked incredibly hard these past handful of years. It's been a pleasure working with you! I just looked in my "Terrell" folder and see that we've made 16 songs together (plus the one you just sent me a few days ago, so that will make 17). Pretty damn cool!

You're super cool to work with, man, and it's been great being on this journey with you. I still remember our first emails and co-write, and finally meeting you a year later in line at your first Road Rally. Now I call you a great friend. Crazy what all this stuff leads to!

Keep it up. That snowball will continue gaining momentum. The second batch of 100 tracks won't take nearly as long to get to as the first 100.

~~Matt

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Congratulations Terrell. I didn't really get to hang out with you much at the 2018 rally . . . but . . . your Idaho roomies speak very highly of you.

Keep up the great work man.

LyricsMatter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LyricsMatter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:45 am

Congratulations, Terrell! A well-earned and insightful interview!

It just so happens that the first song I signed with a music library is a song featuring your terrific vocals so that collaboration holds particular meaning to me.

In addition to being a talented lyricist/melodist you're easy to work with and just as fine as a human being can be.

Best wishes for continued success, TB!

Trisha
Lyrics Matter

SteveBaruah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveBaruah » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 am

Congrats, Terrell! Great update! Here's to future success and collaborations!!

Steve

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:57 am

Congrats Terrell!
Good Interview, thank you for sharing with all of us note manglers!
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:48 am

Congrats Terrell! amazing story and inspiration for the rest of us. All the best :)

Tom

TerrellBurt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by TerrellBurt » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 am

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words everyone! I appreciate each and every single one of you.

janbaars
Impressive
Impressive

Post by janbaars » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 am

whoop whoop!
So well-deserved!
I've been so impressed by how you combined study, day-job AND music for such a long time!

Looking forward to see our track on Step Up!