Anyone get their Latin songs forwarded?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Anyone get their Latin songs forwarded?

Post by henryvan4444 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 am

Here's the Listing info below...I submitted a few songs that didn't make it thru but would love to listen to items that worked and were forwarded.....I'm just getting back into music and one or multiple instruments and overall production were a bit stiff/artificial....Here's a tango I submitted (screener didn't love the accordion...screener said it was OK at the beginning but didn't love it later in the song)....any other production problems you guys hear? I appreciate you guys! :)

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/adios-buenos-aires

+++original listing++++
D190302LT
A WIDE RANGE OF LATIN INSTRUMENTALS is needed by a U.K. Music Library that's getting lots of requests they need to fill quickly!

NOTE: We’re not providing any references for this request, as they’re looking for a lot of material to pitch to current projects and for future growth as well! They’re open to a range of Latin styles including (but NOT limited to) Salsa, Mariachi, Banda, Bossa Nova, Bolero, Plena, Samba, Tango, Zouk, Bachata, etc., etc., etc.

Please submit well-written Instrumentals (not Cues) that quickly establish a location, like music you might hear in a documentary or a travel show. Authenticity in the sounds, instrumentation, performances, and style are all very important for this pitch. Assuming that you’ll be using mostly Virtual Instruments, please make sure they sound convincing. Over-dubbing a real instrument or two on top of Virtual Instruments can go a long way in helping your Cue sound more authentic!

Your submissions should be about 2-3 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Saturday, March 2nd, 2019. TAXI Dispatch #D190302LT

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Anyone get their Latin songs forwarded?

Post by ComposerLDG » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Listening now, nice track! I don't mind the accordion. To my ear, some parts of it do sound a little stiff. I think the mix sounds a bit fragmented, for lack of a better word? It doesn't seem to be glued together. I'm wondering if adding more reverb to the accordion would make them sit in the mix better, since there's a good amount on the guitar lead. Anyway, I certainly don't profess to be a mixing expert, so those are just some observations I seemed to pick up on. Take with a grain of salt! :)

Nice track, though! My parents used to put tangos on the Magnavox cabinet stereo when I was a kid and dance, so it brought back memories.

Btw, my Latin piece struck out too for the same reason (screener said it sounded a bit stiff).

-Loren
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Anyone get their Latin songs forwarded?

Post by henryvan4444 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:08 am

Thanks for the input Loren! I appreciate it. Since the song was returned I've been looking at virtual accordions and there are some amazing sounding options...hearing my piece again I can see where it may sound a bit artificial. In the original versions of my song I didn't like the accordion sound either so I stacked 2 different sounding accordions together (stock instruments in Logic Pro...LOL, I guess I was trying to get away with being cheap and not having to spend money to buy a 3rd party virtual accordion. Thx again for your suggestions.

By the way, I'm a big fan of your piano music!