We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TuKatz
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Tension Cue Review Please

Post by TuKatz » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello Everyone:

I am looking for feedback on a new Tension Cue I just produced. Could you please take a listen and give me your feedback, I want to know if I am close to the mark or if I have kind of overdone it a bit. Here is the listing I plan to submit it for:

PULSING SYNTH-Based TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed QUICKLY for a hard-working Music Licensing Company for placements in a popular Reality TV Show on MTV. They’re searching for Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references below:

Catfish’ Excuses That Are Obvious Lies (From 6:21- 6:57)

Catfish’ Excuses That Are Obvious Lies (From 8:05- 8:26)

Please submit dramatic, tension-inducing Instrumental Cues that could add a sense of anticipation to a scene. Your submission instrumentation should be electronic-based and have pulsing rhythms and/or melodies. Craft your Instrumental Cues around a simple melodic idea while gradually adding and subtracting instruments to create dynamics and forward momentum as your Cue progresses. Faint, minimal percussive elements can also be added, but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are everything for this request!

NOTE: This library needs a lot of Cues in this style by THURSDAY, March 21st, so please don’t be shy about submitting several Cues for this request if you have them!

Your submissions should be about 90 Seconds long, give or take. Non-faded endings will work best.

The cue can be found at http://www.charlesawilson.net/p2p_demos

Thank you and I look forward to reading your comments.

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Tension Cue Review Please

Post by ttully » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi TuKatz,

Yes...this track could work... i played it under one of the example videos and it fits very well.

Tim

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Hey Tom,

Good call... I listened th the 1st example and I was going to say it had too much melody.....
but then I listened to second example (that you can't hear) ...... and changed my mind.

The second one has slightly more melody..... but you could be right!!!
I was on the fence....

Tim

NoellR
Active
Active

Post by NoellR » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Sounds well mixed, maybe just keep it all focused on one somber mood. :)

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:56 am

Hi Charles,

I listened to both examples and examined the similarities. Both were Drone-ish cues without a beat and not much melody.

Yours starts out like an EDM track, it has a beat and melody. That may be a good thing though, considering they are asking for "pulsing rhythms and/or melodies". You did a good job of creating tension as well and I think you have what they are asking for.

Good job!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

TuKatz
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TuKatz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am

Hello Everyone:

First, thank you for listening and your responses. I was on the fence about the melody in the track "Pulsing Tension 2" as thinking it might be a little much . I fell like the track might be able to stand without it better as a tension cue. I was kind of using something Dean Krippaehne said onetime was to use the melody to sell the track, but more likely they will not use it with the melody. I might post it later both ways and see what everyone thinks.

Thanks again for your time listening and responding.