ORIGINAL MEDITERRANEAN SOLO PIANO or PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTALS

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

ORIGINAL MEDITERRANEAN SOLO PIANO or PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTALS

Post by jlopez » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi would appreciate thoughts and feedback on this track https://soundcloud.com/user-259400115/m ... ea/s-F6IxW

Thank you

ORIGINAL MEDITERRANEAN SOLO PIANO or PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Leading International Music Library with worldwide distribution through Universal! This company has just started requesting music from TAXI members, so it's very unlikely that you’ve got any music in their catalog. This is a killer opportunity to get in a very busy Music Library!

Quoting the Music Library: “We do NOT want any Western or American style pieces. Instrumentals should have a sound that represents a Mediterranean styling.”

They’re looking for Instrumentals in a variety of Styles, Tempos, and Moods that could generally be right up the alley of (but not limited to) these references that the Music Library provided to us:

NOTE: They would also love to hear Piano-based Instrumentals with a Bass and Lead instruments like (but not limited to) the Flute, Ney Duduk, Clarinet, Accordion, and/or Violin.

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: ORIGINAL MEDITERRANEAN SOLO PIANO or PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTALS

Post by ComposerLDG » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm

I like the track. Interestingly, your piece more closely matches what the listing is asking for than the reference tracks do. The violin that comes in around :23 sounded a bit synthetic at first, but sounded better when it blended in . Other than that, nice piece.

Good luck with it!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

jlopez
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jlopez » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you mean, I think my piece matches the verbiage in the listing more than the reference tracks. I am really not sure if it is a match but will give it a try. I understand about the violin, I continued to work on it and added a solid "button down" ending with a clear resolution to the tonic. So thanks again and we will see

I like the track. Interestingly, your piece more closely matches what the listing is asking for than the reference tracks do. The violin that comes in around :23 sounded a bit synthetic at first, but sounded better when it blended in . Other than that, nice piece.

Good luck with it!
[/quote]

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:17 pm

hmm. we start out in Paris and then jump to Seville. It's a confusing theme imo. towards the end the instrumentation gets busy and the theme(s) are converged and confused. I think you could make 2 different pieces with this.

after listening again, maybe it's the accordian/violin combo with the guitar, maybe drop the accordian with the guitar?
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music