We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

FUN HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS feedback?

Post by HowlingUlf » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:58 am

Hi ppl :)

I tried something new this time but I'm afraid I drifted off target after noodeling around a while. Thoughts?
Too late to change now maybe but I can't help getting a little neurotic about stuff in the end haha!
Brave comments appreciated!
Here is the song.
Hipiness is our only hop

#Y190327FN wrote: FUN HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS are U-R-G-E-N-T-L-Y needed by WEDNESDAY for an up-to $15,000, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Ad-Agency placement in a National TV Commercial. They’re looking for an Up-Tempo Instrumental that would fall within the general stylistic ballpark of the following reference we got from the Ad Agency:

“C'mon” by Big Gigantic Ft. Griz

The Ad Agency is currently looking for a super hip Instrumental in the general vein of “C'mon”. To be clear: They’re NOT looking for clones or soundalikes! Similar tempo, energy, and overall vibe? Yes. Clones? No!

NOTE: Although your tracks need to have the same type of vibe and energy as the reference, you should NOT have any vocals or any non-lyrical vocal parts/chants to your Instrumental. Also, please do NOT add sound effects like record scratches or pops.

Please submit fun, innovative Instrumentals that have a similar appeal to the above reference. Your production should have infectious grooves, with electronic and organic-sounding elements that are tastefully blended together. Instrumentals that have funky bass lines and cool horn parts might add a nice “flavor” and help you grab this Ad Agency's attention!

Ultimately, what they’re looking for is a FUN Instrumental that has a Hip-Hop drum beat, a bit of a Jazzy vibe, and some cool electronic elements that build the excitement! Give the reference another listen to get a feel for what they're asking for!

TAXI Tip: Think of the type of music that would be made if David Holmes, Skrillex, and DJ Shadow had a “hypothetical” musical baby!

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: FUN HIP-HOP INSTRUMENTALS feedback?

Post by ttully » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:21 am

Hi HowlingUlf,

Well...this listing is EXTREMELY high bar....
Your track needs to sound as good as the example...if not better.

Right off the bat... your bass is lacking.
The deep sub bass and drums is what is driving the example.
All the other stuff in the example is added on top of the drums and bass.

On your track;
There is no depth .... you have many sounds going on in the higher registers.
You need to start with a great driving drum and bass sound and build on that.

Not trying to be harsh....

Of course.... someone else could say I am nuts!

Tim

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowlingUlf » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Well, that's kind of the point. Tell it like you hear or else there is no benefit of the P2P section! 8-)

I can see what you mean. not my intention to blow your head off with top end noise haha!

New version up now ... remixed!
Same link as in the top

As I said it's not my home game directly so I don't hear what I should hear.

Thanks for listening! 8-)

RapperTriggaD1

Post by RapperTriggaD1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:12 am

WOW this instrumental beat was amazing I can really feel the amazing vibe you did an amazing job making this instrumental beat. Keep up the amazing work making more amazing instrumental beats.

RapperTriggaD1

Post by RapperTriggaD1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 am

I really like the instrumental beat to c'mon it was awesome and I also liked Howling at the sun the instrumental are cool and interesting in A good way even though metal is not my thing I still respect the fact that the instrumentals are really cool.

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowlingUlf » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:10 pm

RapperTriggaD1 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 am
I really like the instrumental beat to c'mon it was awesome and I also liked Howling at the sun the instrumental are cool and interesting in A good way even though metal is not my thing I still respect the fact that the instrumentals are really cool.
Haha! Glad you like it.
I got some kind of "off-target" comment and I realize it's more the tourist version of hiphop with an umbrella drink haha.
Maybe I need a vacation or a change of scene for a while ... preferably warm and dry except in the water at the beach.
But it was fun to create so you never know ...