We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Middle Eastern/Indian Chill ears please

Post by ResonantTone » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 am

Susan,

Definitely improved! The only last thing I'll throw out there to consider is possibly throwing in some very small velocity variations on the sitar when it does any repeating notes. It might help keep it from sounding like a plugin for those few moments a critical ear might be listening for something that doesn't sound natural.

Overall, great job! Best of luck with it!!

Andrew

mikehamm123
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikehamm123 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 am

I loved it. Great 'sitar' playing, the phrasing and melodies. The groove definitely fits the listing.

The only thing I'd suggest is maybe a subtle flute (or something) counterpoint in the second half.

-----

FYI you can embed soundcloud tracks now, the button is at the right end of the second row of widgets in the 'create post' window.
Mike

===========

https://mikehammmusic.com

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Susanstunes » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:07 pm

mikehamm123 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 am
I loved it. Great 'sitar' playing, the phrasing and melodies. The groove definitely fits the listing.

The only thing I'd suggest is maybe a subtle flute (or something) counterpoint in the second half.

-----

FYI you can embed soundcloud tracks now, the button is at the right end of the second row of widgets in the 'create post' window.
Hi Mike! Thanks for listening and for the compliments which I do appreciate. The "sitar" takes quite a bit of finagling to get it to sound right and the melodies flowed after I had some of the grooves in the way I wanted. I agree about the 2nd half and actually did change that up a bit already on my Mix 2. Anyway I was wondering how to embed the SC tracks here, so great! Thanks! Susan

mikehamm123
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikehamm123 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Susanstunes wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:07 pm
The "sitar" takes quite a bit of finagling to get it to sound right and the melodies flowed after I had some of the grooves in the way I wanted
Works for me.

I have to say you ‘got it’ with this request—I’ve been struggling, and I’ve usually done well with ‘middle eastern’ listings.

I think its the ‘chill/pop element’ I’m not getting.

Anyway you should get a forward out of this one.
Mike

===========

https://mikehammmusic.com