Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Holmseth
Impressive
Impressive

Vst brushes anyone?

Post by Holmseth » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 am

Hi.
I have been searching the net for some descent vst sums with brushes but can't seem to find much, so maybe any of you guys have a tip for me. I have ez summer 2 and Grooveagent 5 but they don't seem to have a lot for brushes besides jazz. I have the Nashville from ez drummer but would like some more variation. I am ok at fingerpicking guitar and would like to record a series of cosy positive guitar based cues with bass and brushes. Any input will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards
Asbjorn

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Vst brushes anyone?

Post by mojobone » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:48 am

I have Addictive Drums Jazz Brushes kit, but I get better results with actual brushes and a snare drum, which is probably why you don't see too many kits. You might try searching for brushed loops.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:25 am

Not sure on their brushes selection particularly, but I’ve had good experiences with looploft.com. I think they have mainly samples and loops, but I believe they have some midi bundles as well.

Might be worth checking out at least.

Andrew

Holmseth
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Holmseth » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:20 pm

mojobone wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:48 am
I have Addictive Drums Jazz Brushes kit, but I get better results with actual brushes and a snare drum, which is probably why you don't see too many kits. You might try searching for brushed loops.
Thanks for the comments. Recording snare has crossed my mind but unfortunately, I`m not much of a drummer so it would be a heck of a lot to edit afterwards :D
Will be looking at some loops I guess.
Regards
Asbjorn

Holmseth
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Holmseth » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm

ResonantTone wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:25 am
Not sure on their brushes selection particularly, but I’ve had good experiences with looploft.com. I think they have mainly samples and loops, but I believe they have some midi bundles as well.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew, I had a listen to the loop loft stuff and they have a lot of brushes but I`m not sure about the styles though, Might buy one pack to try it out.
Also found something called beatamonkey that has a lot of country brushes that sounded promising, might give it a go too.
All the best.
Asbjorn

Sunset
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Sunset » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:07 am

Asbjorn,

I have used a kit from battery3 that has quite decent brushes(IMO)... if you can find an old copy, it's worth a go. (Battery 4 is more EDM based)

used it on a French cafe cue I did recently...

John

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Holmseth wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm
ResonantTone wrote:

Andrew
Thank you Andrew, I had a listen to the loop loft stuff and they have a lot of brushes but I`m not sure about the styles though, Might buy one pack to try it out.
Also found something called beatamonkey that has a lot of country brushes that sounded promising, might give it a go too.
All the best.
Asbjorn
BetaMonkey's stuff is great, either MIDI or sample loops. (I theenk the MIDI loops are sold under a different name) I usually just end up making my own custom loops, cuz I have drums and I play 'em. You shouldn't sell yourself short, though; if you can play in tempo, odds are you can achieve a decent feel with a bit of effort. The nice thing about loops is you only have to get it right once.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

Holmseth
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Holmseth » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:39 am

Sunset wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:07 am
Asbjorn,

I have used a kit from battery3 that has quite decent brushes(IMO)... if you can find an old copy, it's worth a go. (Battery 4 is more EDM based)

John
Thanks John, I will do a google search for it.
Is the French cafe cue on your site?
Regards from Norway
Asbjorn

Holmseth
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Holmseth » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:46 am

mojobone wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:27 pm
Holmseth wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm
ResonantTone wrote:

Andrew
All the best.
Asbjorn
BetaMonkey's stuff is great, either MIDI or sample loops. (I theenk the MIDI loops are sold under a different name) I usually just end up making my own custom loops, cuz I have drums and I play 'em. You shouldn't sell yourself short, though; if you can play in tempo, odds are you can achieve a decent feel with a bit of effort. The nice thing about loops is you only have to get it right once.
I have recorded live drums at home before with a decent result, but that was with a good drummer... for now I am gonna complete a cd of dramedy/ urban dramedy stuff and I have vst and samples for that purpose. But after my plan is to start on a cd of cozy guitar based cues and maybe I'll test my skills as a half assed brushes drummer then.
Thanks for the chat and hope you have a great weekend.
Asbjorn

Sunset
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Sunset » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Holmseth wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:39 am
Sunset wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:07 am
Asbjorn,

John
Thanks John, I will do a google search for it.
Is the French cafe cue on your site?
Regards from Norway
Asbjorn
No, but I'll put it up shorty!

John