Future Bass

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Future Bass

Post by HowlingUlf » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:35 pm

I stumbled over Future Bass a while ago and felt like Uncle Caveman!
But I kind of like and it grew on me.
I need to do a Paulie on this one and Immerse myself.

I think your song to my ears is in the ballpark and I like the song but now it's probably too late for other comments!
I have to ask about some almost like dropouts like small holes in the soundwave I reacted to.
Is that part of the genre and something exquisite and an acquired taste?

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 pm

HowlingUlf,

Yeah, the choppiness and sharp audio cuts are definitely part of the genre, though I wouldn’t say they HAVE to be used for future bass. (I’m no expert.. someone else can chime in)

I did get a forward for this track, even though I felt like it was lacking in a few major ways. The screener said the production side is similar enough to what the client wanted, so he sent it forward. I can definitely tweak some stuff with the sounds and overall arrangement to get closer to future bass as a genre imo.

Andrew

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markhimley » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Wish I would have seen this sooner, glad to hear you got a forward though! This is one of the few genres that I definitely feel like I can chime in on with some good insight to what works and what doesn't, mix and production, etc. Future Bass has been my primary genre for.. awhile now I guess lol.
jaywilliams wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:39 pm
..Mark Himley has a bunch of forwards on his soundcloud page, if I were attempting the genre I would study his tracks for sure..
I'm flattered, Jay, thanks! Yes - I've been quite fortunate to have lots of success with this genre. As Jay eluded to - I have a playlist on my soundcloud called "Recent Placements" - it's a list as you might guess of my tracks that have been getting used. The majority of them are Future Bass, or at least have Future Bass elements. If you want more details or have any questions feel free to pm me and I can tell you more about which ones get used the most and all that.
harperpeterson wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:59 am
..Hey, Andrew! This post is a few weeks old but I stumbled upon a rent-to-own arrangement for Serum through Splice.com. It's $9.99/month, check it out!
YES. This is how many people, myself included, got Serum. Super convenient. Can't recommend Serum enough, it's seriously my #1 synth for this kind of stuff.