Authentic Blues, Entry 22nd feedback please....

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Authentic Blues, Entry 22nd feedback please....

Post by rockinrob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 pm

https://soundcloud.com/user-787705464/i-need-a-miricle

Corrected vocal mix per Cass. Thanks brother. Any feedback welcome. Thank you.

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Authentic Blues, Entry 22nd feedback please....

Post by rockinrob » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 pm

ORIGINAL, Guitar-Based BLUES SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for a few $4,500, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements in an Action Adventure Fantasy TV Series. They seek Guitar driven Songs in All-Tempos that would fit on a playlist with these references the Music Supervisor gave us:

“Boogie Chillen’” by John Lee Hooker

“Dust My Broom” by Elmore James

“Mannish Boy” by Muddy Waters

NOTE: Over the course of the next few days you may see quite a few requests from this Music Supervisor, as he is working on a series that utilizes Guitar-based music to represent different eras in music history. This series will need A-LOT of different kinds of guitar music, and the Music Supervisor will be using TAXI as one of his primary resources!

Give them well-crafted, soulfully expressive Blues Songs that have tons of attitude and emotion. Having a killer melody, great guitar sounds (and playing), and a strong, believably bluesy vocal performance are all elements that could make your song appealing to this Music Supervisor. You can submit recently recorded songs that are in the general stylistic ballpark, or if you’ve got any original vintage pieces (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear them as well.

Quoting the Music Supervisor: “I need uplifting songs with plenty of dynamics and Infectious Riffs! Great catchy rhythms with deep pocket energy and drive. These tracks need to feel and sound like the real deal.”

Lyrics can vary, but should generally reflect the themes you typically hear in Blues songs. Lyrics that avoid specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity will be best for this pitch, but they’re not an absolute requirement. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Hey Rob!

Some quick thoughts for ya:

1) I'd try giving the drums some more life by changing things up a bit with rhythm variation, fills, etc. Overall, they could use some bigger dynamics.
2) Nothing to far off, but there were some timing issues with some of the guitar here and there.
3) I didn't really hear much bass at all. If it was there, it wasn't filling out the bottom end really. Having that bass sit well in the mix will help tremendously when you come of the rhythm guitar for a sec with those cool licks you got. Right now, it's hard to hear the changes when you play them.

Hope that helps some! And keep rocking.. you've posted some cool stuff around here! :)

Andrew

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 am

Thanks resonant. I comped the guitars and the tighter I made it the less it seemed to sound authentic. I've got a few days yet and think I'll sit with it based on what you said and see what happens. Thanks for the kudos, I'll take it to heart. I'm learning to get around this forum a little better and looking to take in some more of the war candy. I appreciate your time and ears. Means alot

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:40 am

......lol......ear candy !

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:05 am

That's gonna be my new band name ... War Candy .... we kick ass!!!! Ha...

Tim

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 am

Could work...I've seen worse....some days I miss the band days.