Just introducing myself

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Hobbins17

Just introducing myself

Post by Hobbins17 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:53 am

Hello everybody!
I am a newbie here so wanted to say hello! It is my intention to be an active member here but I am quite shy in real life so I'll try not to be shy here :D

I am currently just a songwriter as a hobby but I really want a career as a songwriter, so I am working hard to try and achieve this (starting by watching the Taxi YouTube channel and signing up the forum hehe).
I haven't signed up to Taxi yet to submit anything purely because I don't believe my creations are yet good enough to be forwarded. I hope I can get a lot of useful advice and feedback from the community so I can improve and become a member soon! :)

I am from England, have a degree in Music Technology and write songs using Logic Pro X. Most of my sounds come from Kontakt (love it) and I have a really basic setup to record vocals.
If you want to listen to my songs, please visit my soundcloud page: www.soundcloud.com/hobbins17

I always welcome constructive criticism and feedback but since I am a newbie, please be kind to me! I might say some daft things without realising :oops: but I do appreciate all the help I can get and will always try and return the favour if I can!

Sorry if I have missed anything in my intro. Just ask, I'll be happy to answer! :D

I hope I can make a lot of good friends here! Looking forward to supporting each other on our musical journeys!

Thank you!
Leanne Hobbins
Leanne Hobbins

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow.” - Carrie Fisher

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Just introducing myself

Post by jaywilliams » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:38 am

Hobbins17 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:53 am

I am a newbie here so wanted to say hello! It is my intention to be an active member here but I am quite shy in real life so I'll try not to be shy here :D

I am currently just a songwriter as a hobby but I really want a career as a songwriter, so I am working hard to try and achieve this (starting by watching the Taxi YouTube channel and signing up the forum hehe).
I haven't signed up to Taxi yet to submit anything purely because I don't believe my creations are yet good enough to be forwarded. I hope I can get a lot of useful advice and feedback from the community so I can improve and become a member soon! :)
Hi Leanne - welcome to the Taxi forums!

You'll learn a ton from the forums and from Taxi TV - catch it live when you can, I often get as much value from the live chat as I do from the actual episode.

If you haven't yet, sign up for the email list of listings - that will help you understand what kinds of tracks the industry is currently looking for.

Peer to Peer section of the Forum is a good place to give and get critiques.

That should get you started, have fun!

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Welcome Leanne!

The community here is awesome and a wealth of knowledge. You made the right choice by getting plugged in!

Lookin forward to hearing your stuff! :)

Andrew

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 pm

Hi Leanne.

Welcome to the forums. There's no problem at all in involving yourself here without being a TAXI member... I did It for a whole year!

This is s GREAT place to rub elbows with like-minded people and move yourself forward :D

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

Hobbins17

Post by Hobbins17 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:04 am

Thank you for your replies!!
I can already see how welcoming this community is!
I look forward to being a part of it :D
Leanne
Leanne Hobbins

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow.” - Carrie Fisher