ORIGINAL, Guitar-Based BLUES SONGS ... ears please?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

ORIGINAL, Guitar-Based BLUES SONGS ... ears please?

Post by HowlingUlf » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi ppl! :)

Here is a last minute blues ...
Is it on target?
Too little or too much of something?
Anything else?

Yeah, a link!!!
Many word blues
TAXI #Y190422BL wrote: ORIGINAL, Guitar-Based BLUES SONGS with Male Vocals are needed for a few $4,500, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements in an Action Adventure Fantasy TV Series. They seek Guitar driven Songs in All-Tempos that would fit on a playlist with these references the Music Supervisor gave us:

“Boogie Chillen’” by John Lee Hooker

“Dust My Broom” by Elmore James

“Mannish Boy” by Muddy Waters

NOTE: Over the course of the next few days you may see quite a few requests from this Music Supervisor, as he is working on a series that utilizes Guitar-based music to represent different eras in music history. This series will need A-LOT of different kinds of guitar music, and the Music Supervisor will be using TAXI as one of his primary resources!

Give them well-crafted, soulfully expressive Blues Songs that have tons of attitude and emotion. Having a killer melody, great guitar sounds (and playing), and a strong, believably bluesy vocal performance are all elements that could make your song appealing to this Music Supervisor. You can submit recently recorded songs that are in the general stylistic ballpark, or if you’ve got any original vintage pieces (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear them as well.

Quoting the Music Supervisor: “I need uplifting songs with plenty of dynamics and Infectious Riffs! Great catchy rhythms with deep pocket energy and drive. These tracks need to feel and sound like the real deal.”

Lyrics can vary, but should generally reflect the themes you typically hear in Blues songs. Lyrics that avoid specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity will be best for this pitch, but they’re not an absolute requirement. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: ORIGINAL, Guitar-Based BLUES SONGS ... ears please?

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:58 am

O yea. Sounds authentic and vocals are right timbre. I like it

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowlingUlf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 am

Kewl! The world ought to be rockin and howling more, right? :lol:
And thanxz!!! 8-)

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Overall I really like what you have going on here. Gits sound great.
-- Drums feel a bit thin, and hi-fi. I'd consider gritting and fattening them up.
-- the hat sounds like it's in a cave.. I'd look for a shorter verb, a room or small studio space for all the drums
-- I'd consider putting a small studio/room reverb on a buss and use that for all your reverb so everything sounds like it was recorded in the same space. Only exception is the guitars where I'd add some spring reverb before the room send.

Cool piece. Thanks for sharing
Erich

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowlingUlf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 pm

teleblaster wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:36 pm
Overall I really like what you have going on here. Gits sound great.
-- Drums feel a bit thin, and hi-fi. I'd consider gritting and fattening them up.
-- the hat sounds like it's in a cave.. I'd look for a shorter verb, a room or small studio space for all the drums
-- I'd consider putting a small studio/room reverb on a buss and use that for all your reverb so everything sounds like it was recorded in the same space. Only exception is the guitars where I'd add some spring reverb before the room send.

Cool piece. Thanks for sharing
Erich
Return!
"There's too much room ambience on this recording. The track lacked clarity and presence. "
:P
I was just about to fix that, but I haven't checked yet, and I would be surprised if I don't agree with both comments.
Oh, well ... I'll dry up the reverb and then I have a nice blues for another listing.
Next song!!! 8-)

HowlingUlf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by HowlingUlf » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:33 am

Well, this just doesn't cut it. Not good enough! I need to reinvent my clean slate one way or the other! :oops: