Does anyone use Sounds.com?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Does anyone use Sounds.com?

Post by Merryband1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm

I'm on the Native Instruments mailing list, and they're having a sale on Heavyocity for the next two days. When I went over to the NI site, I found a link to Sounds.com. It looks interesting, and as though it might be a good, quick compromise to buying a huge library of sounds. If you use it, a few questions.
A. Do you like it?
B. Is it easy to use?
C. Is it really less expensive than buying a sound library?

Thanks in advance!
Merry

ChrisW
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Does anyone use Sounds.com?

Post by ChrisW » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:16 am

Hi Merry

Just started out a couple of months using these but personally I prefer Splice.com.

My recording set up is guitar based so as I'm just finding my feet with writing these cues and I wasn't sure about taking the plunge with Kontakt - the outlay and learning curve etc etc. Plenty of that NI stuff is on Sounds I think. So for where I'm at - still figuring where my focus will be - it's been really helpful.

So Splice and Sounds are interesting to trial I think - but I would say I prefer Splice because it's just a bit quicker and more user friendly and I think there's more variety in there.

Chris

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:35 pm

I’ll second that splice.com is pretty great. I have not personally checked out sounds.com and what it offers, but splice has quite a bit of content.. and I LOVE that it has unlimited storage and automatic backup but f all your projects.

Andrew

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Thanks, Chris and Andrew! I'll look up splice.com. I'm still learning the ins and outs of using anything besides live instruments, too. It's a challenge, but I want to keep growing as a composer.

Cheers,
Merry

guscave
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by guscave » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:12 pm

I used both Splice and Sounds.com. But I've stayed with Sounds because you can download your samples directly onto any IOS device. That's very helpful for me becasue sometimes I'm not near my DAW and just want to get some ideas done on my ipad. I'll then Airdrop it to my mac at home and finish it up there.

I do think however that Splice has a better filter system to find exactly what you're looking for.