Return confusion...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Return confusion...

Post by Tunesmith » Wed May 08, 2019 12:50 pm

MBantle wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:40 am
Tunesmith wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi Linda!
Personally, I would have cleaned up the vocals a bit more. The first thing that stands a bit out to me are the mouth clicks - on my system they are audible even before the first verse. The 'lite' version of Izotope RX usually gets the job done. In context of the programmed drums I would also work on the timing of the vocals so that they are more 'on the grid' with the drums (e.g. using Melodyne -again, even the entry level version of Melodyne should get the job done. If you are using Logic you could try flex tempo.). I also think the tuning of the vocals could be improved (e.g. Melodyne or Flex Pitch if you are working in Logic).
Just my five cents.
Cheers,
Matt
Hi Matt,

Do you mean by "clicks" the breathing before the vocal..the inhaling? I have not tried Izotope RX. I have noticed on some songs my inhaling..all of a sudden it was standing out. ( It's like I smoked weed or something. ) It seems to be standing out in all my recordings..
I do have Melodyne 4 however. I will probably just can this one. I may refine and use it for an original tune. and use all you have shared with me.

Really appreciative of your input and wish you best of success!

Linda

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm

CTWF wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 pm
I got to admit, the 1978 version touched me more having listened to both now. But that is possibly irrelevant given the new track had to be re-imagined. Tom
Thank you CTWF for your listening and comment! Maybe I should just stay unplugged!

Wishing you the best in music!
Linda

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Tunesmith wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:50 pm
MBantle wrote:
Tunesmith wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi Linda!
Personally, I would have cleaned up the vocals a bit more. The first thing that stands a bit out to me are the mouth clicks - on my system they are audible even before the first verse. The 'lite' version of Izotope RX usually gets the job done. In context of the programmed drums I would also work on the timing of the vocals so that they are more 'on the grid' with the drums (e.g. using Melodyne -again, even the entry level version of Melodyne should get the job done. If you are using Logic you could try flex tempo.). I also think the tuning of the vocals could be improved (e.g. Melodyne or Flex Pitch if you are working in Logic).
Just my five cents.
Cheers,
Matt
Hi Matt,

Do you mean by "clicks" the breathing before the vocal..the inhaling? I have not tried Izotope RX. I have noticed on some songs my inhaling..all of a sudden it was standing out. ( It's like I smoked weed or something. ) It seems to be standing out in all my recordings..
I do have Melodyne 4 however. I will probably just can this one. I may refine and use it for an original tune. and use all you have shared with me.

Really appreciative of your input and wish you best of success!

Linda
Hi Linda!
I was referring to mouth noises not the inhaling. Usually, Izotope gets the job done: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rep ... click.html
Cheers,
Matt

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 am

MBantle wrote:

Hi Linda!
I was referring to mouth noises not the inhaling. Usually, Izotope gets the job done: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rep ... click.html
Cheers,
Matt
Matt,
I just found out from them that it does! (I had asked you if de click was included with RX Elements. The suite for $199 looks like a great thing to have...could really help overall,especially with it;s assistant!

Thank you,
Linda

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Sat May 11, 2019 10:48 am

Tunesmith wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 am
MBantle wrote:

Hi Linda!
Cheers,
Matt
Matt,
I just found out from them that it does! (I had asked you if de click was included with RX Elements. The suite for $199 looks like a great thing to have...could really help overall,especially with it;s assistant!

Thank you,
Linda
Hi Linda!
Yes, you are right. Elements gets most of the job done. I use it all the time. As far as I know the "Pro" Version also gets rid of room ambiance and pops... I currently do these things 'by hand' but I am sure there will be a Black Friday offer (or similar) to upgrade at a sensible price at some point. Good luck with your song. I think you are almost there. Just spend a bit more time with the 'microscope' :D
Cheers,
Matt