Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Lullabye (minimalistic)

Post by johndalenow » Fri May 10, 2019 11:25 pm

"You know what to do." And thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... pm/s-eCqLT

MINIMALISTIC CHILDREN'S INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a successful International Music Licensing Company with worldwide distribution through BMG!

NOTE: This company recently started requesting music from TAXI members, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet!

Please submit playful, Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could stylistically fit on a playlist with these references:

Baby's Music Box Lullabies (From 10:09 -12:08)

Canon in D (Pachelbel) | Relaxing Lullaby for Children

Please submit original, well-crafted Instrumental Cues with simple melodies that would appeal to young children and toddlers. Instrumentation can vary but should be minimalistic and something little kids would want to hear over and over (until they grow up and discover the Beatles, lol). Please stick to one melodic motif and emotion from beginning to end, while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as your piece progress to give it a sense of forward movement.

Quoting the Music Library: “We are looking for tracks that are minimalist, sparse, and somewhat simplistic. That does NOT mean boring, repetitive, or without evolvement. We prefer to have at least two instruments in a cue. So if you have a solo piece, add another instrument or two and send the newer version.”

All submissions should be about Two Minutes long (give or take) with non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT) on Tuesday, May 28th, 2019. TAXI #Y190528CH

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Lullabye (minimalistic)

Post by johndalenow » Sat May 11, 2019 6:36 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:21 pm
JDM wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:25 pm
"You know what to do." And thanks!
Hi John,

this is a nice piece, but I find it almost too complex for a lullabye (I am writing that without having listened to the references recently). I hear piano, flute, glockenspiel (or similar) and also synth voice - maybe that is already too much in variation? The vibrato on the flute (or whatever it is) makes it sound too synthy in my opinion, so I would go for a more natural sound. Summing up, I would try to simplify it and make it sound more natural, but that is possibly just me... :)

Tom
Thank you, Tom. I appreciate your well-taken comments.
Best! John

Patrick
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Patrick » Mon May 13, 2019 6:53 am

Good job, John. i really liked that. You had me in the grasp...felt like a little kid again.

I wrote and recorded this short lullaby when my daughters were born. Feel free to lift any of the chords if you wish...you have my permission. :)

http://picosong.com/ggVj
Bad art can make you laugh
Good art can make you think
Great art can destroy you

- Me

(Did he just quote himself?? Yes! Yes I did!)

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 am

Patrick wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:53 am
Good job, John. i really liked that. You had me in the grasp...felt like a little kid again.

I wrote and recorded this short lullaby when my daughters were born. Feel free to lift any of the chords if you wish...you have my permission. :)

http://picosong.com/ggVj
Thanks for the comment, Patrick. I decided to "minimize" the number of instruments used with the enclosed soundcloud link. Would be great to hear your reaction to the final product. Give a listen if/when ya get a chance. BTW, I really enjoyed your Lullabye for your daughter. (Also, loved your quote.)

Best!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... pm/s-JF1VQ

Patrick
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Patrick » Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

I think you nailed it there with some helpful advice from Tom. Sometimes less really is more, I suppose. Best of luck with the tune, and thanks for the kind words! ;)

Pat
Bad art can make you laugh
Good art can make you think
Great art can destroy you

- Me

(Did he just quote himself?? Yes! Yes I did!)

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Patrick wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm
I think you nailed it there with some helpful advice from Tom. Sometimes less really is more, I suppose. Best of luck with the tune, and thanks for the kind words! ;)

Pat
Thank you, my friend.

Best!

John Dale