More Future Bass

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

More Future Bass

Post by ResonantTone » Wed May 01, 2019 2:14 pm

Another track I made for the future bass listing! :)

https://soundcloud.com/resonanttonemusi ... ck/s-Ir34X

I'm hoping this addressed some of the other issues I had with my other track before I have to go back and rework it all. Having said that, please feel free to let me know where I missed the mark!

Thanks in advance!!!

Andrew
CONTEMPORARY FUTURE BASS INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a successful Boutique Music Library with a very solid track record of TV and Film placements.

NOTE: This company pays an Upfront Fee to Composers! Because this company has just started requesting music from TAXI's members, chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet!

They’re looking for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fit well on a playlist with the following references:

“Everybody Hates Me” by The Chainsmokers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKPCBAlDw2A

“In The Name Of Love” by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeGfss2vsZg

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this pitch.

Please send them well-composed Future Bass Instrumental Cues with a fresh, modern sound. Your production should have cutting-edge production techniques that create awesome drops and builds. Build your submissions around a catchy central melodic theme, and keep it interesting, dynamic, and forward-moving by layering electronic elements in and out as your Instrumental Cue progresses.

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long (give or take) with Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings. Please Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: More Future Bass

Post by teleblaster » Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm

I like this piece much better than the first. It has more depth and variation to keep things interesting. I'll let the more experienced future-bassists cover whether it hits the mark or not.

HigherSelf
Active
Active

Post by HigherSelf » Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 am

Some nice ideas here for sure, some cool elements and sounds, the mix really needs work though.

I take it this is before any mix or mastering as the overall db is very low.

The main synth needs bringing out a little more and eqing but some of the top riffs are nice though!

Nice hats, some of the vocal snips are cool, I just think overall the eq in general and brightness of the track need to be worked on especially synths, but some good sound ideas, big improvement on the stuff I listened to a while back from you.

I've actually submitted to this listing too!

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi Andrew,

I didn't listen to the track yet..... so I can't comment....

But, I just was thinking about inventing a new genre of music …. Future Treble.
Remember.. you heard it HERE first!

Tim

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Tue May 07, 2019 2:29 pm

Yes...very odd name for this type of music!

Tim

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Tue May 07, 2019 4:09 pm

HigherSelf wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:01 am
Nice hats, some of the vocal snips are cool, I just think overall the eq in general and brightness of the track need to be worked on especially synths, but some good sound ideas, big improvement on the stuff I listened to a while back from you.
Thanks man! Really appreciate you throwing out some thoughts on this. Gonna see if I can get it sounding a little better before the deadline tomorrow.
teleblaster wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:32 pm
I like this piece much better than the first. It has more depth and variation to keep things interesting. I'll let the more experienced future-bassists cover whether it hits the mark or not.
Thanks! And I agree about the keeping it interesting part. Appreciate the listen!
ttully wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:49 pm
But, I just was thinking about inventing a new genre of music …. Future Treble.
I'll be the first to submit to a future treble listing the moment it's a thing! :D
CTWF wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:16 pm
not an expert here either, but I think it is already a nice track with good ideas and effects. About the mix I cannot say much, but I feel that the first drop (0:29) could use a little more percussive build-up, and in the second one (1:14) the break feels too long to me, and I would go a little heavier on the bass when you come back in.
Thanks Tom! Really appreciate the listen and the thoughts regarding. I'm hoping that messing with some eq will help bring out the bottom end a bit more.

Thank you all!

Andrew

HigherSelf
Active
Active

Post by HigherSelf » Tue May 07, 2019 5:51 pm

No problem dude, I have just given you a follow on Soundcloud. :)

byronGlals

More Future Bass

Post by byronGlals » Wed May 15, 2019 11:15 am

If Teclis even takes half the ideas from the other thread, it will be in the top 3 of filesharing programs. Good Luck