Latin Songs

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tresero
Impressive
Impressive

Latin Songs

Post by tresero » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:14 pm

Just submitted to this opp. My only concern is I mixed this like I would do in Cuba and is expected there. I hope I didn't make a mistake by not making it sound like an American pop tune.

https://jongriffinmusic.com/my-music/la ... esta-buena

Y190604TX
LATIN SONGS in ANY SUB-GENRES with Male or Female Vocals are needed for a "Best Of" TAXI-branded Compilation/Playlist that will be sent to a long list of Music Supervisors, Music Libraries, Music Publishers, Ad Agencies, and Independent Film Makers!

NOTE: We are also running a TAXI Listing for Latin Instrumentals or Instrumental Cues as listing TAXI #Y190603LT, so please don’t confuse the two!

Here’s the scoop: From time to time, TAXI proactively sends out shining examples of our members' best music to increase awareness among Industry Executives and end users. Not only do these compilations create exposure for the music that's on the playlist, but they also increase the number of requests we get from companies and individuals we'd like to have sourcing more music from TAXI's members.

We've tasked our A&R Team with finding great, “sync-able” Latin Songs. All songs will be judged on their “usability factor,” with TAXI's A&R Team members asking themselves, “Would this be desirable to an industry pro who needs music for a TV Show, Film, or Commercial?”

We’re not providing any references for this request as we want to keep this pretty open. You can submit any sub-genre ranging from Latin Pop, Latin Rap/Hip-Hop, Reggaetón, Corrido, Salsa, Mariachi, etc., etc., etc.

Whatever you decide to go with, it should sound current, with appropriate-sounding instrumentation and production that fits the sub-genre. Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs are usually more desirable, but if you have really strong Ballads or Down-Tempo Songs, go ahead and include them! Please be sure to have a vocal performance that’s solid from to bottom.

Lyric Tip: Lyrics should be performed in Spanish. Do your best to keep your lyrics on the “universal” side, avoiding specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. That’s not absolutely necessary for this request, but it could make it easier for a Music Supervisor or Ad Agency to use it!

Your Songs should be full-length (approx. 3 to 4 minutes long). Non-Faded, buttoned/stinger endings are recommended. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The songs you submit for this request CANNOT already be signed or locked into any type of Exclusive or Non-Exclusive Publishing deal. Your submissions must remain available for licensing for at least FOUR MONTHS after the Listing's deadline date. If an industry pro tries to sign your song and they can't, you could be putting your professional reputation at risk!

You need to own or control the Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Do NOT submit material that’s already been signed to ANY other publisher or catalog. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT) on Tuesday, June 4th, 2019. TAXI #Y190604TX